View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 07:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
I have not meticulously read through ever nuance of everyones responses here, but I don't think that anyone has touched upon what I believe to be Stevie's potetial mindset of the question posed about women rights being stripped away today. There is currently a not so subtle assault (particularly from the Republican right wing factions) on all U.S. womens health reproductive rights, ranging from Planned Parenthood attacks to outright vitriol about overturning "Roe -vs- Wade" and a women's right to choose.
i agree with this and thought that's what she actually must be talking about after i cooled down a bit.

i haven't looked at any statistics and am not sure whether what's upfront in political debate and on tv is paralleled or completely unrelated to what is happening jobwise - whether things like pay inequality, number of high positions held by women, women with children going back to workforce, etc went down, up or stayed the same over the last few decades.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"