View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013, 05:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

According to Mick, they layered her vocals into the mix of the album after the fact. It's not like they had a bunch of her background vocals there that Lindsey chose not to use. They didn't have much and only got some after the rest of the recording was finished.

They'd worked on it a year and she'd only been in the studio for a couple of days. When she heard the album and didn't hear herself (the argument erupted over Christine's song, according to Mick) she was mad and so they put her in, to the extent that they could.

But the fact that they didn't go back and put in MORE background vocals to mix into finished recordings after the album was done, just to make up for the fact that she wasn't there when they were actually doing it in the first place, would not suggest spitefulness on Lindsey's part to me.

If she'd been there all along and they viciously cut her backgrond vocals out, it would be a different story.

As far as the song choices on the album, I don't think What Has Rock and Roll Ever Done for You, is better than When I See You Again, not unless you wanted a faster song on the album. I'm not into the drug rehabilitation songs, but from the band's perspective, I think they thought the songs captured real emotions, the real pain of "Sara Anderson" and, in using them, they might have thought they were recreating some of the magic of Rumours where the songs reflected real life events. I think they thought they might be more powerful than other songs, because of the facts behind them.

Michele