View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 02:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i'm reading your post and then all the responses and lmao. cannot believe nobody went back to where you got this and/or nobody remembers - it was just few days ago?!?!?

Mick said 2 separate sentences and when they were transcribed they somehow got spliced together - he said he has heard BN work for the first time in SOund City studios, and then he also said that John loved Crystal. as far as i remember he didn't say anywhere it was Crystal he heard at Sound City studios. at least that was understanding of anybody in the press thread or whichever thread it was that this was first discussed.

this is how the rumors get started...
Yes, I have a recording of a Stevie interview from the 80s where she says that John loved Crystal and "from the first time he heard it he said "I want this on the album". I didn't really, because I write so many songs that putting old songs that take places of new songs...... But John was insistent, so I said alright" I've always wondered if the references to the sea "drove me like a magnet/to the sea" was part of the appeal for him.