View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 05:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post
You know, the thing is, I could almost believe that Stevie simply was too out of touch to take Glyn's work with any seriousness.

Imagine - she comes out of rehab - and the whole project is deemed unacceptable? I'm sure the guy was difficult, but I have to wonder how much of Stevie's dislike of the material was really a struggle with a post-medicated identity crisis and how much of it was actual bad workmanship from Glyn.

I do like the Street Angel album, quite a lot, to be honest, so whatever she did is fine by me.
Well, as far as I'm aware, the album was finished by the time Stevie entered rehab. All the Glyn Johns mixes are pre-rehab recordings and it was after Stevie left rehab, sober for the first time in over a decade, listen to the record and though "what the hell is this?". After being worn down by the label over Timespace, the battle with Mick and the years of klonopin and fluoxetine use had left her lifeless - she was more the likely just going through the motions with Glyn and doing as she was told, likely due to lack of energy to fight anymore.