View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 12:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulpian View Post
This is a bit daft, but given that she is completely out of touch I'm not surprised. I'd be disappointed if nothing at all was released; they are not going to get an arena-full of fans screaming loud for the new material. Only some of us will do that, and we are a minority
yes, i wish this woman would maybe from time to time look at the calendar and realize it's 2013 and that her 30 year old logic has some serious flaws.

"we will give you new music if you LOVE what we release but not just LIKE it"?? seriously?? how do you measure this love Stevie? by the number of downloads? by happy screams of people? by reviews? just curious...

if you are an artist and have the need to create and put out new music then you do it, whether or not people buy it or love it. maybe they'll love it now or rediscover it 5 years down the road... and maybe they won't. but you are moving forward and being creative.

however, if you are just putting out new music for money and commercial success (which you were lucky enough to get in troves and can still reel in millions by touring and royalties anyway... so why do you need huge sales of new music??), than don't claim that you are still an artist, please.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"