View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 06:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes, obviously, someone said something to Mick because he said he'd had to agree not to ask her. But it didn't stop him from hoping that she'd still return and thinking he could be part of persuading her. Even after the reprimand, he was still talking about her returning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulpian View Post
Ok, so recording can take days, but that's assuming she has written songs for them to sing and that they like them and think the band can add something to them.
She has loads of songs from 10 years ago that haven't been used (and beyond, because she talked about all the songs she had stored up on the Best Buy CD in 1997 too). But it doesn't have to be one of her songs. She can sing on some of their songs. Just like Stevie came and sung on Lindsey's, following 4 days in his bunker.

Or maybe Stevie has a song Christine can sing on.

The timing of her "visit" is so strange that it doesn't seem like wishful thinking to imagine she's doing something with them. It will seem much odder if nothing comes of it, in my view. You said they are concentrating on rehearsing, well exactly. She knew they'd be busy when she left England. Why come now, if there wasn't a specific reason?

As far as England goes, it's such a long time between now and then that I don't think her performing at the MACC increases the likelihood she'd actually perform in England, not if nothing's afoot. Being back home again for 7 months, out of the limelight once more, would probably make her disinclined to return to the stage in September.

However, if they have longterm plans and have been discussing doing something together, then I can see them doing concerts in England. If not this tour, then next year.

I was wondering if she made an appearance in England if it would be more likely on the first night or the last, but actually, if she does something, she might as well do all 3 nights and they can record them and just take the best moments from each night.

The MACC showed that she wouldn't be limited to playing on Don't Stop. If she knows the song, she can play on any of them. Obviously, she can play on songs from 1975 on as easily as she did Rattlesnake Shake. So, if she appears in England, I wouldn't think it would be just for a Don't Stop cameo.

I just hope that once she gets to Los Angeles we still hear about what she's doing while she's here. Then, I guess the next time we hear about her it will be from the others saying that she has returned to the UK.

Michele