View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 11:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I went on my first date ever last night.

Not gonna lie, I'm kind of disappointed. Maybe I was expecting too much idk.

I just met this guy like 2 weeks ago and he seemed really cool. He plays drums in the campus band I'm singing/playing guitar in. Kind of cute and was really friendly to me and made a lot of effort to like talk to me, hang out with me around campus some, and get my number and stuff. So when he asked me a few days ago if I wanted to go on a double-date with him and his roommate [who I know from class]/roommate's gf I said sure.

He offered to come pick me up but I live like 20 minutes away so I drove myself to meet all of them. Then we went to dinner, and the food was good and everything and we had good conversations going throughout, but I felt like the other guy was talking to me more than the one who asked me out was. He was the one constantly asking if I liked the food, etc. The guy who asked me talked but it was never really directed toward me or anything. And then when it came time to pay, the waitress asked how we were going to split the checks and he looked at me and was like, "It's up to you." As if I was going to demand that he pay for me or something. So of course I said it was fine and I would pay for myself.. but idk, maybe I'm old fashioned. I just feel like if someone asks ME on a date and I spend $10 in gas to go meet them somewhere then they could at least pay for my meal? And the way he put me on the spot wasn't cool. I would have looked like a total jerk if I didn't pay for myself but at the same time the way he asked made it seem like he was up for paying for both of us...

Then we all went back to the 2 guys house [they are roommates] and we talked for a while, watched part of a movie, and browsed youtube. I was exhausted the whole time and kind of wishing I had gone back home after dinner but I didn't want to be rude.

It wasn't that I didn't have a good time, I just felt like it was a less-fun, more awkward, more tired version of what I would do with my regular friends.