View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 05:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I'd love to see him tour without a band again, but I hope he ditches both ISA and (sacrilege!) GYOW. I really loved the ISA vocals and actually found them a refreshing take which made me rethink the song's meaning all over again, but musically, after 33 years of live shows, solo and FM, I've never seen the latter, instrumental part of the song fail to peak the way it did this last tour and the same thing with GYOW. With ISA, Lindsey even physically (not just musically) seemed less dynamic to me. So, going forward, if he's alone again, I hope he's not afraid to drop those songs or rework them drastically.
this analysis of his peaking and movement on stage and how same songs sound or feel physically and your later post about different tours just gave me great idea for [yet] another poll - comparison of various solo tours and picking the favorite.

while i can't decide between Small Machine and OMS release, i can easily decide which tour of the 2 i saw i liked better.

re movement on the stage and how that affected songs, while ISA i thought was spectacular during OMS tour every single time, GYOW was completely hit or miss, depending on LB's movement and audience participation (i'm talking about the last 3 legs, b/c during the first leg seemed like he was still getting used to be alone up there so he was not moving from side to side of the stage for audience participation like he did during later 3 tour legs).

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"