View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 10:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
In 2003 Christine McVie says that after attending a then-recent Fleetwood Mac concert in London, she had no regrets about splitting from the band and leaving the road behind: “I just felt kind of relieved, if you want to know the truth, ’cause I, I went backstage afterwards, and they were all so tired, and, I just don’t think I could do that anymore. It’s kind of, if you like, verified that I’d made the right decision.”
I don't have enough clues but in my mind I've always related her divorce (Quintela) with her retirement from Fleetwood Mac. I mean, during the Quintela years there were good music fr0m her (some songs co-written with him). I felt she was well motivated. While her marriage was in turmoil (1997), she didn't enjoy The Dance and the Reunion Tour. I feel she was not motivated on music, and Temporary One (not one of her best songs) was about going back to England with her family.

According to Mick's book, she said one: It's like a living thing, this Fleetwood Mac. It's a source stronger than its various members.
No date recorded but it was not after 1991. It doesn't seem she didn't enjoy being in the band when she said that.

So the lack of motivation, a sad mood and the look por family companion was more detonating for retirement than the fear of airplanes or those things we have heard.

Last edited by Villavic; 01-10-2013 at 10:59 AM..