View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 03:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Look Viv, I have stayed up all night and I think you should buy me something.

Cleveland Plain Dealer (05/11/2003), Fleetwood Mac looking forward
http://www.fleetwoodmac.net/bla/inde...hp?id=439&c=18

Quote:
"As great as her songs were on recordings, they were not, generally speaking, the strongest things live," Buckingham said. "As much as I respect Christine and her legacy, this is very much in the tradition of Fleetwood Mac remaking itself once again, in a slightly smaller way this time."
I also found an australian 2004 interview where he said:

"We could play her songs but there's no reason. We have a much ballsier show going on now and we're playing better than ever."

Christine said, "I'm often in touch with Mick and occasionally speak to Stevie, but not so much Lindsey and John. I still have a tender affection for all of them, but they were slightly miffed at my leaving. When they played here last years I saw them at Earl's Court. They were bloody great. For the first time in my life, I was able to see Fleetwood Mac as others saw us. I went backstage to see Stevie and she said, 'Oh, Chris I am so knackered!' [I think Chris must be paraphrasing here]. Music is her life and she's still brilliant at what she does, but I don't have the slightest twinge of envy."

So, if she talked to Mick and Stevie back then -- and Cory said that Stevie and Christine were like schoolgirls together at Earl's court, who were the ones who were miffed at her leaving? I'd say it was John and Lindsey back then. John did say in the SYW program that he wouldn't want Christine back if she was going to be there and unhappy like she was before.

Christine also said something that I'd forgotten. She said she loved Jerry Seinfeld and had seen most of the episodes many times and he was her favorite comedian. She said she also watched Curb Your Enthusiasm which was dryer, but she enjoyed it, once she knew how it worked. She is a girl after my own heart.

Elle, Lindsey said that Say Goodbye was Asnavour meets Leo Kottke.

Michele