View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 11:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockawayBlind View Post
I compare the songs from the soundtrack to the early 80s period, when Lindsey was painstakingly crafting pop songs like Trouble. Well, he did that with Cradle too, but lyrically Cradle is deeper than the "40" songs, which I think are meant to be lighter despite the wry tone. Lyrically, it's almost like Lindsey has gone back to just finding rhymes, throwing words together and using the words in a way that is less about message and more about putting the finishing touches on the canvas. Having said that, I like all three songs. I like pop Lindsey. When he gets into that mode, he may be lighter thematically but he can craft some seriously catchy tunes.
I like pop Lindsey. I like Trouble and Did You Miss Me. I don't 100% dislike Holiday Road. I mean, I'm happy with it in a way. I just don't want it played in concert, in the place of finer songs. I actually like Oh Diane, just fine. So, I think I like frothy Lindsey.

But to me, these "40" songs don't have as contagious a hook as the "poppy" tunes of his.

Michele