View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 02:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by THD View Post
I don't think it says so in the article, but Ted Turner was very influenced by Peter Green . I remember reading an article- I think it was in the London Evening Standard -in which Ted was quoted as saying he saw Peter playing live (I think he said it was in Birmingham (England ) ) and that he was so moved it changed his life ! If you can say nothing else about Peter he certainly profoundly affected many young guitarists (me included )and his influence has continued through them !

Also ,not that it's really to do with Peter ,but the |Powell article mentions the Night of Guitars and as it happens I was there at the Hammersmith Odeon (now called the Hammersmith Apollo)¬ taking photos !
not to be a skipping vinyl record with otherwise superior sonic qualities than a cd or mp3 (hi vinnie), also possibly related to sk's theory is that martin birch engineered the first 3 wishbone ash lps and produced all the 'classic' iron maiden, note quotation marks, as well as tpo to mtm for fm. more grist for a q&a : the influence of peter on metal

thd don't be shy post us a photo. z