View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 08:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Then you don't like Donna Summer's Love to love you baby . It is 17 minutes!! (once I heard they called it the 17 minutes orgasm).

I do like long songs, like Queen's Prophet Song (8 minutes but connected with Love of my life is almost 12 m.), those long demos of Sara, etc. Other good long songs:
'Shine On You Crazy Diamond' (both parts) ~ Pink Floyd 26 minutes.
Fools Overture-Supertramp, almost 11 minutes
Disco Inferno - The Trammps, almost 11 minutes

We should start a threat about long songs!
I guess The Allman Brothers Band's "Mountain Jam" clocking in at a whopping 44 minutes would be out of the question for you? To me, it's the fastest 44 minutes ever...seems like maybe 10. Then there's the live version of "Whipping Post" from the Live At The Fillmore album at 28+ minutes...the 7 minutes of "Hey Jude" feels longer. I guess "long" and realization of "time" itself is relative. I remember people squawking about the edited "Sara" on the original Tusk CD...to me, it was STILL too long. The 9 minutes of "Oh Well" on Then Play On seems to me to be a whole lot shorter than that. And, the live version of Derek & The Dominos' "Why Does Love Got To Be So Sad?" clocking in at about 10 minutes perceivably goes by much faster than Fleetwood Mac's live version of "Dreams".