Thread: Oklahoma date!
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 12:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
I felt like it was a show of two distinct halves, the former mostly comprised of LB-solo stuff and the latter more Mac and traditional stuff. Basically, for me, the first half kicked ass and the second was a let down. The first half had the three from UTS, SUD, CAD and NTL, which are basically as good as you get with LB live, IMO, (and they were all fabulous tonight) and also as Michele alluded to a muchly improved Come, which actually sounded good for the first time to me ever, including live in 03, or actually on the SYW album.

GYOW and T was so-so, ISA was good, but a bit subdued, and he did some neat things with GI and NGBA, not so much screaming in NGBA which was nice.

He changed the stories up a bit (although he hardly spoke during the 70 minute show), and even did a bit of what i think was meant to be self parody by mentioning his big/small machine analogy and explaining how he started with a full band, now solo.. "the small machine got smaller".

Viv, noone else played, they're just roadies.

I'm gonna have to listen to a UTS show in bed to calm down LB gets me so wired.. I was spellbound listening to NTL. What a song.
right? it's an interesting and nice feeling. particularly NTL and BTLH are such spectacular intricate songs, especially live and stripped down like this.

but ISA on this tour... that's the song that gets me - as you said - wired. it's just spellbounding - maybe it's the "tribal" beat like Michele described...

and i think Go Insane has also been unbelievable and emotionally strong throughout this tour. NGBA is the only one i wish he wouldn't do, but i guess it's a casual listener crowd pleaser. oh yeah, Trouble too. but everybody already knows my feelings about that one.

as the tour went on though, one of the highlights for me has been to try to get him to do requests... at first it was Rock Away Blind, now i'd like to get him to do some other stuff too... not that it will work every time (maybe that''s what all the blister talk was about - LB telling us "don't get your hopes up people!"), but it did work a few times so definitely worth a try.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"