View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 11:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking

Just returned from the incredible Lindsey Buckingham concert. Where to begin. It was a hot day and then when I arrived at Hogs Back Park it had started to lightly rain off and on. I caught the bulk of Kathleen Edwards hour long show and while I enjoyed it for the most part her constant dropping of F- Bombs in her banter was clearly not impressing the crowd. Later on I heard people say that her show was a snooze fest.

I met these people in the crowd who were casual fans but enjoyed the show immensely. I recall them saying at one point they didn't know any of the songs thus far but were enjoying the show. The woman in this group recognized me from the whole Oprah campaign and because she asked I told stories about my adventures meeting Stevie, Lindsey, Mick, Melissa Etheridge, Jamie Lee Curtis etc and at one point they thought I was making it up. By the end they were impressed especially because I knew every song by heart.
Lindsey came on at 9:30 and played the same setlist he has been doing on this tour but during I'm So Afraid the power went out (During his solo at the end which he had only begun) Lindsey was pissed off big time. He said something about the stage crew stating storms in the area. It looked the show was over and then everything was back on and he finished the show. Then because the audience demanded he play I'm So Afraid again he did start to play it only this time he barely got through the chorus after the first verse (If I recall correctly ) and then the power went out again. He left looking really pissed off. Trouble was added to the Encore which I know he didn't play when I saw him in Ithaca NY in June.