View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 12:17 PM
Junior Ledgie

I'm gonna find my huge rock to climb under when I say the following and keep in mind it's just my dumb opinion.

I've never gotten into the Roger Waters line up of Pink Floyd. Wait! Wait! Before I'm stoned to death, hear me out.

I like the Syd Barrett line up of Floyd. As to me it was musically inventive without being overly pretentious. I always thought Roger Waters stuff was too prog-rock. His lyrics strike me as trying too hard.

Where Barrett's lyrics were witty, poetic, childlike, surreal while coming off effortless. I felt the music with the Barrett lineup didn't meander, but still dug deep and was interesting.

Again, that is just my opinion. If you like Roger Waters more power to ya. I do think David Gilmour is a great guitar player though for what it's worth.

BTW who here would honestly abstain from seeing the mac next year if you know in advance the setlist will be Rumours heavy? Even if you love Rumours, you got to be sick of hearing it by now.

Even Van Halen who I used to love, but now despise (because of Eddie V screwing Michael Anthony over) is playing obscurer tracks live. I dont understand why the Mac underestimates it's audience's taste.

I think most would be happy if they played a lot of stuff off Tusk instead of playing one or two tunes from there. Or even play stuff besides the hits off Mirage, Tango, or Say You Will.

Or even the Buckingham Nicks album. I really like that album. Would love to hear it live. I just wish The Mac would stop treating their fans like The Eagles do theirs. (Bear in mind though I can't stand The Eagles, however I do like Don Henley's solo work)