View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012, 11:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I know how you feel....but then, by some miracle, it *did* happen for me. After telling myself that I would be single for the rest of my life, I met the love of my life at 41... He's fabulous, but if you had asked me in years previous to describe my dream man he would not have met a lot of those (unrealistic) "requirements". And yet he's cute, smart, decent, funny.....and 12 years younger. But somehow, it works! I will keep thinking positively for you because I *never* ever expected it to happen for me
Thank you. It's actually been weighing heavily on me, the past month or two. Watching all my friends fall in love... And I too, have stopped looking for "perfection". Although I have tried a couple different strategies in the past year, and they haven't worked, either. I'm now at the "I guess I just need to give up, and accept my solitude" place.

I'm very happy that you found it! I keep hearing that many don't find it, until they give up, and stop looking. We'll see.....