View Single Post
Old 06-07-2012, 09:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
I agree.But my sister,step father,bio-father dealt with that bloody word called cancer to the end.This is so sad about Bob.
We did Hospice at home, with my Mom. And it was fine, until the last two weeks. Then it was a nightmare. Even though she was 100 lbs, we couldn't help her move, without hurting her, and we weren't trained, obviously. Hospice was great, but they were only there once a day. We tried to get her into a nursing home, but there just wasn't time. The end came that quickly. But those last two weeks were sheer hell, for her and us.

After she died, my aunt's told their daughters that if it came to that for them, that they wanted to be put into a nursing home, for proper care, and also to not put them through the ordeal. But for me, I would choose suicide, too, when I knew the end was near.

**Sorry that we're speculating on Bob's reason. Just knowing that he'd been ill, and had surgery recently, made my mind first go to that conclusion...