View Single Post
Old 06-04-2012, 10:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I am glad I went to this! Hearing "Bleed to Love Her" live for the first time since I became a fan 15 years ago was pretty much worth it for me. Also, the reaction to "Stephanie" just PROVES how he needs to sneak in more rare songs! While it was absolutely fantastic, I still think some of the volume of the response came from the absolute thrill of hearing something so rarely played!

I was actually surprised by how rarely he used the "backing" setup. I thought I would find it annoying but it didn't bother me at all, it made Lindsey's actual playing very clear and obvious. I do wish he moved around a little more, since I ended up at one of the side tables and wasn't really able to see his fingers on the strings all that much but the screens were helpful. I was sitting with an awesome couple from Australia who happened to be on their first vacation to the USA and saw Lindsey was playing and their excitement was catching! I will never tire of "Never Going Back Again" myself, and I was reminded just how much I love "Come" and "Shut Us Down" live as well.

I giggled a bit when at one point, sweat was pouring off of him and he went to wipe himself down. Someone yelled out "take off your jacket!" and he was like "It's surgically attached at this point. It wouldn't matter anyway. I could be stark naked up here and still...." So not only does he know, he also teases.