Thread: Mirage question
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 10:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis View Post
I seriously doubt Mirage would sound any better if you were to purchase it via iTunes. It has never been re-issued so; they’d only have what was originally available, unless a re-issue of Mirage was sent to iTunes under the radar.

Now, you can do what I do. I like to use Real Player when making a mix CD instead of iTunes. If you have a premium account, when you make a CD there is a feature where you can adjust the sound level so that all the songs from the play list that you are putting on the CD are the same. But the trick is, I use Hold Me, Gypsy and Love In Store that were issued on later best of releases so that it has something to actually adjust. If you simply just carry over all the songs from the Mirage CD it won’t work. I know this is weird but trust me, it works. iTunes does have a similar feature to adjust sound level but as many times as I’ve tried it, it doesn’t even compare to how much better it sounds when I use RP instead. When I try this with iTunes, the sound (at least to my ears) comes out muffled, therefore, I use RP
I'm so glad you gave these instructions. I knew this because I've been using real player for 6 years. There are so many Ledgies who will find this as useful information. People are always asking how to make songs sound better and you just gave a great tutorial. My favorite feature on real player is the music trimmer. That allows me to trim away dead airspace at the beginning or end of songs so there doesn't have to be such a long pause between tracks. Quite often when I transfer music from youtube to mp3 there is dead airspace to delete.