View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 10:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffdweller View Post
Not to change the topic too radically (because who doesn't like to discuss Lindsey in ballet tights?? ) but did anyone else pick up on Ken's assessment of Stevie back then? He says a few times how sweet and funny she used to be and how she would radically change after Rumours. He also says that she quickly became "friends" with people who would handle her affairs for her and she would soon become completely unavailable and unreachable. I get the last part, she enters the realm of superstardom and now has handlers who deal with her day-to-day affairs and appointments, but the first part about how she used to be so great and then implying that now she's not, or, back then after Rumours she completely changed is kind of sad to read. Fame really gets its grip on you I guess, not to mention the drugging and drinking.
I'm sure that's true to an extent, but no one is just one way all the time. There are still just as many people who are close - or know Stevie now - that say she's a sweet, caring, funny person. And none of those people had to say that. I believe they are being genuine. Maybe there's a reason she wasn't sweet & funny to Ken after Rumours...

Waddy described Stevie as "innocent" in the BN days. She hadn't learned about the harsh realities of the business side of music. Fame & money attracts leeches and the realization that you can't trust even the people you were once close to makes a person more cynical and skeptical. If you are signing people's paychecks then you are always aware of why they are there, regardless of how much they say they care or like or love you.

I'll have to read his book for myself, but these comments so far make it sound like he's grinding an axe a little.

Last edited by CADreaming; 04-30-2012 at 10:45 AM..