View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012, 04:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
If one more person lets me down like quite a few people have in my life recently then I think I'm done with people.

I won't be anybody's doormat any longer.
You know, Jan 2nd, my 2.5 year relationship ended(not my choice), and I was absolutely distraught. Seriously, during all of January and February, I felt like I was dying, I was so depressed over it's end.

Then in March, I finally joined a dating site, and met someone who's NORMAL, without a bunch of crazy, CHILDISH, neurotic character flaws. And OMFG, it's been wonderful!!! I mean even if it doesn't work out...just going out with someone who's normal. It's funny, I think I swept all of the ex's character flaws under the rug, and didn't realize how bad they were, until I started seeing someone who's normal.

It's funny, the relationship I thought I couldn't live without, was broken and irreparable, and I was too in love to see it. I'm now THANKFUL that it's over. It's so nice dating someone who's not a neurotic mess! I'm no longer walking on eggshells, toeing a line. I even fired off a nice email, saying "I hope you're well, and by the way, thanks for breaking up with me...because you really did me a favor(and I did throw in a little jab about how great it was to meet someone who's normal)".

Anyway, my point is, that there are good people out there, you just have to keep looking!