View Single Post
Old 04-07-2012, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
I've tried to respond to Ken's article several times, but for whatever reason, kept baffling me to a point. At first, I got upset about his comments about the band being nasty to each other and their co-workers, but at the end of the day I think he was pretty spot on (minus the jab about taking care of prior employees related to the band, aka Wong).

What gets me the most about this interview is how he says "they could be doing so well." I really think he has a point there. Fleetwood Mac could have a huge career right now if they wanted, they just can't seem to get their sh*t together.

At the time, I thought Say You Will was a solid Fleetwood Mac album. However, as time has passed, I like it less and less. I am a huge supporter of Lindseys production skills, but those songs just didn't bite in the long run. If a future mac album has the strength of Gift of Screws, Seeds We Sow, and In Your Dreams, I'm sure it would blow SYW out of the water.

As much as I love Fleetwood Mac as a band, I think they're time as a unit has been wasted since Say You Will. Stevie and Lindsey's solo projects have sparked emotions in me that early FM albums did for me. I'll be thrilled if they put out a new project, but if another GH tour is in the works, I'll be bummed.
It does seem like they got a bit big for their britches. I, like you, can't listen to SYW but enjoy GOS. I think Christine should have stayed for one more album and tour. Dance was a reunion. But after all is said and done, if they could be in the studio and do an album (not at LB's house) it might be a nice career for them.