View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 03:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
After watching the 'Destiny Rules' documentary and reading 'Say You Will'-era interviews (Lindsey wanted Mark Needham, Lindsey got Mark Needham. Lindsey wanted the heavier songs up front in the album's running order, Lindsey got the heavier songs up front. Lindsey wanted a double-album, Lindsey got a double-length album. Lindsey wanted to tour for two years, Lindsey got a two-year tour), and then reading this interview with Ken (Lindsey/Lindsey's management discouraged anyone in the band from participating. Lindsey's management shot down the use of audio outtakes for the e-book.), it's interesting that so many fans feel that Stevie calls the shots in Fleetwood Mac.

I'm not saying that she never throws her weight around -- I just tend to think, from all the evidence, that she's not the one who holds all the cards.
I think Stevie clearly holds most of the cards, but at the end of the day, Lindsey was the producer. Once Stevie commits to an album, they've got to do something, so she lets Linds get what he wants so he doesn't turn her songs into ****/take all her backing vocals off his songs/throw guitars at her/kick her onstage. I think that is why she isn't doing anything now, because she likes being in control and knowing Fleetwood Mac is stuck waiting on her. It is much easier to be stubborn when your stubbornness results in nothing rather than resulting in ****ty work. Also, I don't think she likes to be the shot caller in FM. Sure she has no problem NOT doing a new album or tour, but when it comes to making decisions as to what to actually do when they are doing something, she lets Lindsey make those decisions, that way it is his fault if things don't work. Oh SYW wasn't sequenced right? Lindsey's fault! Oh SYW was too long? Lindsey's fault! Oh my song didn't sound good that way? Lindsey's fault!