View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 10:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post
Perhaps Stevie has finally decided that FM can rot. Without her, they have no leg to stand on, and when she works with them she only gets angry, frustrated and eventually exhausted.

One can only go on supporting an old lover for so long before you just don't care anymore.
I don't think that having a solo career automatically means flipping the bird to her band. My theory is that she is reluctant to sign on with Fleetwood Mac again because she is in a more creative space in her life- probably due to Dave Stewart's influence. She has fallen in love with the idea of making new music again which, as a solo artist, has been an immensely freeing and gratifying experience. By contrast, her most recent experience recording with FM was tortuous and turned her off of recording for many, many years. Plus, when you enlist in "the army," it is a heavy-duty commitment. Fleetwood Mac does not just go out to play on the weekends. It is easily a full-year commitment, if not more, covering many markets, countries and continents. I'm sure she loves the idea of being in Fleetwood Mac more than the actual drudgery that goes with working with Fleetwood Mac. I don't blame her one bit. Why should she drop everything and dive headlong into another grueling marathon oldies tour fraught with drama and politics, when she can continue to play her new music surrounded by a band that adores her? It's a no-brainer to me.