View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 07:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think Mick and John are doing great, considering both of them are in their 60s. Mick is a few years behind Christine. So he has to be about 65-ish.

Stevie's lost a lot of her voice but she still has an octave of strong notes. She'll sing until she has only one or two notes left--but they'll be good notes. I just wish she'd stop the pageantry. I'm so tired of hearing Landslide, Stand Back, Rhiannon and Dreams! Just play new things now.

Lindsey's voice has deteriorated but he still knows how to present himself and make the most of what he has. He has also grown as a songwriter. He more than any member of the Rumours lineup has managed to reinvent himself in ways that aren't nostalgic.

Christine's 2004 Meantime album showed her voice was in terrific shape. Her song writing skills were strong, too. When you hear her live in 1980 you think, "Gosh, her voice is shot." But, oddly, she got much stronger as a singer as she aged. Her live vocals in 87-92, for example, were miles better than what she was doing almost a decade earlier. Her vocals on the dance are equally impressive. I do think, however, a full-blown tour would exhaust her very quickly.