View Single Post
Old 09-25-2011, 09:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default A disturbing PM I just received that needs to be openly discussed

I just received the following PM from DavidMN:
Listen up, I am sick and tired of you talking about me behind my back to people here. I dont appreciate it, and you better knock it the F**K off got it?
Normally, I would simply respect this request and deal with those who may have relayed this information back to DavidMN in a more private fashion. However, because his PM to me ended with what seems like a threat, I have to address this publicly and I have to address this with Moderators, who I hope will advise as to proper etiquette on the board.

First of all, I want to apologize to DavidMN. I am gossipy, but also I am self-deprecating: the story to which DavidMN is referring acted as a humorous tale of my own fallibility--a fallibility that presents itself when people meet outside of an Internet forum and in the real world. That story could have been told without being specific. Honestly, I don't remember if other people were talking about DavidMN, and that's why I was also specific or if it was just my own bad judgement and bad taste and bad heartedness. Again, I apologize.

I admire DavidMN's ability to put himself out there, which means opening himself up to the possibility of ridicule. And I failed that trust.

On a personal note: I need to reconsider the people with whom I share personal, private experiences. I tend to be very shy (most who attend NOTS will note that I go alone and then talk to nobody). However, when I do decide to open myself up--a gambit I took with the members of the Webster Hall Gang--I tend to be too trusting of people, and that includes being willing to show aspects of myself that may be unattractive.

I have heard a lot of people's stories and opinions about other members of this board (not just DavidMN). I would never relay that back to the subjects because I believe--for all my gossiping!--we have a bond to be respected. Someone in the Webster Hall Gang is trying to stir up trouble--maybe acting out of an allegiance to DavidMN or, more likely, a dislike of me--but either way, that person did not stand up for DavidMN to my face--as I HAVE done for some here who have been talked about by others.

I would hope that person or persons would reveal him/herself here so that I don't have to cast suspicion on everyone--that is unfair to them and to me.

Anyway... I do suspect that many will be happy to know that I revoke my membership in the Webster Hall Gang.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.

Last edited by TrueFaith77; 09-25-2011 at 10:39 AM..