View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 06:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterCookie View Post
I've been back and forth to the doctor about my eyes and over the past few days, I've been having dizzy spells, which I'm informed are much like when you're about to faint and that when I get them I MUST lie down or I'll collapse and scare everyone in the room. Tonight, I was told I have low blood pressure and therefore I'll be more likely to faint than someone with normal blood pressure. Makes sense to me! Except, in order to find out why it's dropped (it used to be normal) I have to go for blood tests for anaemia, diabetes and any thyroid issues.

I'm convinced it's one of the three and have spent this whole evening wondering what life is like with any of the three
I'm severely anaemic, and if it is the case with you it's definitely not the worst case scenario out of those three. I do spend most of my time lacking in energy, don't have much appetite, get headaches quite often, severe stomach cramps and have very poor circulation. But they're all symptoms that can be managed. I'm on Ferrous Sulphate and occasionally have to chase them with whatever pill my Doctor thinks might help that moment he sees me and prescribes for me. It's just a matter of controlling the diet to make sure you ingest enough Iron, exercising and generally looking after yourself. If it does get too severe then a monthly shot in the bottom is very likely. I've been told I'm probably heading towards those because my Ferrous Sulphate supplements have begun to cease working effectively.