View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 03:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default The "OMG I'm dying" hypochondria/mental health thread

I decided to start my own thread to talk about my issues w/ anxiety (esp. related to hypochondria) and depression. Feel free to share your own!

I've been on Zoloft for the past two years after being diagnosed w/ panic disorder. Aside from a minor but annoying sexual side effect, I haven't had any problems with the medication. Until now. Started a couple of weeks ago when I got a cold type thing. Was on DayQuil, NyQuil, and TheraFlu for about a week. Now I'm over it (except for a post-nasal drip that is taking forever to go away), but I feel exceptionally foggy-headed. You know how when you've just been awakened out of a deep sleep, you don't feel quite "at yourself"? I feel like that all the time. I've also been having night sweats (mostly when I was sick). And the sexual side effect issue seems to be getting worse. I wanted off the stuff just b/c of that, but now I'm starting to have some other issues, and I think it's the Zoloft. I have an appt. w/ the psych day after tomorrow, fortunately.

Then there's the urinary issue that I had one day last week, but has not recurred. Still, the doc wants me to come in for another test and if it still shows blood, he wants me to see a urologist. My bathroom visits have been normal since that one day (knock on wood), but of course I am almost certain that I'm going into kidney or liver failure, or that I have cancer.

I'm trying not to dwell on it, b/c this is how the panic attacks started 2 years ago. I was convinced I had every dread disease I could think of or find on the Internet.

Share your neurosis, if you're so inclined!