View Single Post
Old 09-02-2011, 02:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travisevian View Post
Not that what is best matters to me but have you listened to So The Story Goes from Martha Davis, Van Lear Rose by Loretta Lynn, Live Close By, Visit Often from K.T. Oslin or Black Cadillac from Rosanne Cash? I would consider those(along with Stevie's Trouble In Shangri-La) to be some of the greatest albums from the past decade.
I love KT Oslin, she has such a great voice. I remember her back in those 80's heydays with the Nashville Network & seeing her with Ralph Emery , great memories. I'd take late 60-80's country over the stuff they play now. I also like Rosanne Cash too. She's always been one of my favorites. Have you ever heard of folk singer Nanci Griffith? I really like her stuff too(& other artists too etc). So I do like country just not todays country stuff. Anyway, regarding what this topic/thread is about I do agree that I also miss Mac without Christine too. I did see the BTM tour (than I missed Lindsey), SYW was an OK tour only saw one show. I missed Christine than too. I did get to see the Dance tour which was great. But I haven't seen them live since SYW prices being what they are now. Same with Stevie solo, tried of all those Greatest Hits shows & the prices just aren't worth it. I'll live. If I hadn't ever seen them than it would be a bigger deal but not so much now. If they do release a 'new' cd I'll buy it for sure just don't think I'd see them on tour though. Well, those are some thoughts.
..."There is a legend passed down through the ages...down through the crystal visions...down through the crystal clear-water fountain...the charmed ones remain...They are mine (you remain...ooh)...."