View Single Post
Old 06-12-2003, 11:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by John Run
For those who say the Eagles would never play cities like this....

Last year, May-July the Eagles did an entire tour of secondary markets. They did not play New York, Boston, Atlanta, LA, SFO, Chicago, etc.

Where did they play? Spokane, Fargo, Wichita, Tupelo, MS, Biloxi, MS, Bossier City, LA, Lubbock, TX. Some of those cities sound familiar?

I can not believe the band is being hammered for playing smaller markets. So many provincial people here. How about the people in these markets who usually have to drive 8 hours plus to see a show? They are getting the opportunity to have a huge band come to their city. Believe me when bands like this do that, they are treated like royalty and rewarded with packed houses and enthusiastic crowds. That is why the Eagles, Springsteen, and now Fleetwood Mac are choosing to play these markets.

For those who say they did not play the east coast. 2 dates in Worcester, Albany, Buffalo, Philly, Atlantic City, Uniondale, Meadowlands Arena, Pittsburgh, DC. I think that is a pretty good sampling of the East Coast.

They have a second leg kicking off September/October that I am sure will hit Houston, Dallas, and then some major East Coast Cities, NYC probably Boston proper, instead of Worcester, a Hartford date, etc.
I'm not hammering the band for playing places like this...I'm just picturing Stevie in Idaho and I think it's funny. My friend Erica was born in south Jersey, moved to Colorado when she was little, moved back to south Jersey, then moved to Idaho for 5 years and then to California for a year and then back to Jersey. She was not a fan of Idaho and she used to tell me that she lived in the middle of nowhere and there was nothing around her at all. I don't know how far away she lived from Boise. She could have seriously lived in the middle of nowhere with farm area around her. I have no idea. Perhaps that's why my view is somewhat skewed because i've never not lived with crap around me. I have 7 malls near my house..the farthest being 45 minutes away. I mean, for crying out loud I live in the most densely populated state per square mile. You can't freakin' get away from people which sucks....trust me. And I'm not saying that it's not a nice place to live. I'm just saying that it's a random state for Fleetwood Mac to be playing. That's all. Yea, it is cool that some people who would not ordinarily get to see them will. I'm happy for you guys because it means you won't have to travel 8 hours away.

However, I have a feeling that at the rate Stevie and Lindsey are going (i don't think it's a stage act, I think she's genuinely pissed off at him), and if Stevie's physical and mental health continue to decline (flame me all you want, but girlfriend is having a meltdown and I think it's a variety of things in combination with the menopause), there will be no second leg of the tour and these random ass places will be it. Is that selfish of me? Probably. But if they don't do a second leg of this tour, I'm highly doubting they'll be doing another album and tour with it. Just my opinion. I hope I'm wrong but we'll just have to wait it out and see.