The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   what do you think of 'you and i' ? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=9282)

misterbug 04-06-2003 04:26 PM

what do you think of 'you and i' ?

i'm just curious to see what people think of "you and i" parts I and II, two nuggets from the TITN era (II's on the album, I's a B-side only track). i really like them, especially part II. anybody else care to comment?

macmar71 04-06-2003 04:45 PM

Perfect example of the great collaborations between Buckingham and McVie. I love both parts of You And I and always wished that both were available on the Tango album.
Part one reminds me of blue skies and fresh air.
Part two is more animated and kind of reminds me of the album cover, the evening and the leafy plants.
Just my thoughts on these two great songs. Lindsey's voice sounds incredible on them, too.:nod:

Vianna 04-06-2003 05:05 PM

I absolutely love and adore You and I Part I and wish it had made it to the album.

If I could ask Lindsey one and only one question it would be how did you get the sound at the very beginning of the song? Sounds like bells or something...

BlueGrass 04-06-2003 05:11 PM

Re: what do you think of 'you and i' ?

Quote:

Originally posted by misterbug
i'm just curious to see what people think of "you and i" parts I and II, two nuggets from the TITN era (II's on the album, I's a B-side only track). i really like them, especially part II. anybody else care to comment?
I agree.

wondergirl9847 04-06-2003 05:26 PM

THEM!!!!!

I am listening to Part I right now, thanks for suggesting it!! LOL I LOVE IT TO DEATH!! I love Part II as well!! When he sings at the very end and through out the song with that high voice....that is awesome!! :nod:

Yeah, the beginning is COOLNESS too!! :D:D:D

OMG, the song just faded and I just noticed the ending sounds similar to a music box, kinda!!!!!! I never heard that before!!!! COOL!!!!! That's too bad it fades out...it sounds SO PRETTY!!!!!!!!

strandinthewind 04-06-2003 07:02 PM

I love this song. Also, I still think I hear SN on this one. But, then again, maybe I am hearing things at my age!!!!;) Is there a production credit that says who sang on it?

Rumours 04-06-2003 07:47 PM

"You you you you you you you you..........

......Where the strange wind bloooooows....."

He he he!! Love it. Love them both.
You know, I tried to put them both together--nope, they just don't fit together, and I say "how can they be a part 1 & a part 2 of something!?" Hmmm......ah well.

Definitely hear Stevie on Part 2.....not so sure on Part 1 though.....maybeeeeeee.......

Stephanie

seteca 04-06-2003 08:58 PM

You And I Part II is one of my fav. tracks on TITN. It's such a sweet, feel-good song! Perfect album closer, on a near-perfect album.:nod:

:wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

misterbug 04-07-2003 02:44 AM

IMO, TITN would have been perfect if when i see you again was replaced by you and i part I....

stefan 04-07-2003 09:10 AM

I think You and I part I ist a demo far away from being a ready song and I really can't count it as such.

You and I part II is better- it's sounds at least somehow more finished. And it`s not bad. But it's not more than a nice simple shallow song and from LB`s TITN songs beneath Familiy man the weakest. Not to compare with some of the recent material imo.

Mac Fan 04-07-2003 10:04 AM

I haven't heard You and I part I, yet, but I love You and I part II

BlueGrass 04-07-2003 11:15 AM

When they remaster and re-release their catalog in June I hope they put on songs from these sessions. Like for Mirage put on Cool Waters, for TITN You And I, Down Endless Street etc.

ERigby818 04-07-2003 11:24 AM

I LOOOOOVE Part I

It's so beautiful...it's like ear candy. His voice sounds so pretty in it.
Part II is a really awesome Lindsey-Christine collaboration. I heard an early demo of it where it's just her...and it doesn't say "You and I" in it anywhere. I guess that's Lindsey's addition. But it's cool...she's softly singing, "keep your heart open and your eyes shut tight."
-Sonia

rhianntp 04-07-2003 11:48 AM

Ive never heard part 1 :( anyone know where I might get to hear this? I love part 2 :)

misterbug 04-07-2003 11:54 AM

you and i part I was released as the B-side to 'big love'.

rhianntp, i have an mp3 of part I. not CD quality as it was taken from a 45, but if you want me to email it to you, drop me a line. lemieuxp@bc.edu