The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   any hope for "try for the sun" ? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=7606)

BigAl84 10-27-2002 10:59 AM

any hope for "try for the sun" ?

I reaaaaaaaally have always loved this song. Lindsey's guitar arrangement is awesome. I know the lyrics are hard to hear...but they could clean that up. To me, this song always seemed to be more of a "peacekeeper" type song...any thoughts??

Alex

BlueGrass 10-27-2002 12:05 PM

Yeah, I agree. Maybe this is "Peacekeeper" because the lyrics do seem to relate to 9/11.

sodascouts 10-27-2002 03:46 PM

Why Is Everything Peacekeeper?

Quote:

Originally posted by BlueGrass
Yeah, I agree. Maybe this is "Peacekeeper" because the lyrics do seem to relate to 9/11.
Despite its non-Peacekeeperness, I really hope Try for the Sun makes it. However, my true favorite is Deep Dense. Awesome song.

seteca 10-27-2002 03:57 PM

I'm very sure Try For The Sun will make it.....if you remember Mick's description of LB's songs on the new album...he said something like "Lindsey's working with a lot acoustic guitar layers on his songs"....."Try For The Sun" fits perfectly into that description, as does "Say Goodbye", which I absolutely love, and hope makes the album aswell.

:wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

stefan 10-27-2002 04:15 PM

I don't understand you. You really like to get songs on the new album that you already know instead of new material???
If I had the choice the entire stuff would be totally new. Any different thougts on that? Bye, S

seteca 10-27-2002 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by stefan
I don't understand you. You really like to get songs on the new album that you already know instead of new material???
If I had the choice the entire stuff would be totally new. Any different thougts on that? Bye, S

I think the general feeling is that GOS will most likely never see the light of day as an LB solo album, so, assuming that that is indeed the case, we're saying which songs we hope will be released as proper (i.e. non-demo) versions, which the rest of the world outside of FM-fandom can also get to enjoy.

:wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

BigAl84 10-27-2002 04:19 PM

woh...theres a difference

There are some GREAT songs from the gift of screws sessions that if stevie were to put her voice on...it would be a knock out. Yeh so we've "heard" the song before...but to hear the final version with the entire mac...is a much different thing. Its obvious that there will be songs that we havnt heard before and it would be dumb as hell for lindsey to ditch any of the gift of screw tracks, its some of his best work-imo.

Alex

BigAl84 10-27-2002 04:23 PM

LOL and one more thing

Technicly speaking, none of us are even suppose to have heard any GOS tracks...the only reason most of us were able to hear them is because they leaked out. I don't expect lindsey to just let those GOS tracks just sit and rot, i think they deffinitely have a place on the record. I just hope for good balance between the GOS tracks, new tracks, etc. It's a double album, so hopefully were talking about 15-18 songs per disc, so there is allot of room.

wondergirl9847 10-27-2002 09:17 PM

Uh oh...

I'm gonna get flogged by Matt (and many others apprarently) for saying this, but I've never loved TFTS much...don't get me wrong, the GUITAR PLAYING is AMAZING....I just kinda tend to skip it sometimes when playing GOS. If it DOES show up on the new album, I hope it's cleaned up and tweaked...maybe I will grow to love it. :shrug:

** Before you ask....NO, I WILL NOT turn in my Lindsey RULES card for saying this!! :laugh:

I DO love Family Man and not many do...so there. LOL

Jessica Leigh 10-27-2002 09:39 PM

hey guys... Try For The Sun is NOT Peacekeeper... it is Try For The Sun! remember? by Donovan? this is a cover guys!!

chiliD 10-27-2002 10:31 PM

Thank you for beating me to it...now *I* don't have to be the "heavy" yet again! ;)

And, yes "Try For The Sun" DOES fit Mick's description, but so does "Red Rover", too. :nod:

Street_Dreamer 10-27-2002 10:34 PM

Re: Uh oh...

Nah, not going to get you Christy. But I will say that the instrumental version of Try For The Sun is awesome. It worked perfectly in a "documentary" I did for a class last year. :)

Matt

Quote:

Originally posted by wondergirl9847
I'm gonna get flogged by Matt (and many others apprarently) for saying this, but I've never loved TFTS much...don't get me wrong, the GUITAR PLAYING is AMAZING....I just kinda tend to skip it sometimes when playing GOS. If it DOES show up on the new album, I hope it's cleaned up and tweaked...maybe I will grow to love it. :shrug:

** Before you ask....NO, I WILL NOT turn in my Lindsey RULES card for saying this!! :laugh:

I DO love Family Man and not many do...so there. LOL

Jessica Leigh 10-28-2002 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by chiliD
Thank you for beating me to it...now *I* don't have to be the "heavy" yet again! ;)

And, yes "Try For The Sun" DOES fit Mick's description, but so does "Red Rover", too. :nod:

lol np...

honestly guys i think peacekeeper is a song that is new... NOT a gos demo... i don't think lindsey would go for the "lets turn lindsey's solo album into the new fm album" again... i think he really really wants to do his solo album too...

DownOnRodeo 10-28-2002 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Jessica Leigh

lol np...

honestly guys i think peacekeeper is a song that is new... NOT a gos demo...

Yeah or another person's song as you reminded ppl. But the fact Donovan never released it (?correct?) might help, as it is so awesome the way Lindsey does it I'd hate not to hear it done all nice-like for the album.

Quote:

Originally posted by Jessica Leigh

i don't think lindsey would go for the "lets turn lindsey's solo album into the new fm album" again... i think he really really wants to do his solo album too...

Now that's thin ice I think! 'Don't see it happening'!!:confused: :wavey: My point is that new FM Lindsey has fashioned, there is no need (or time) for concerted solo efforts. I'm not discounting Lindsey Going Solo, I'm saying that at this time the best of Lindsey is this amazing setup. The facst that Gift of Screws, Come, god knows what else will be in the record ... there will be no artistic comprimise in the material.

Jessica Leigh 10-28-2002 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by DownOnRodeo

Yeah or another person's song as you reminded ppl. But the fact Donovan never released it (?correct?) might help, as it is so awesome the way Lindsey does it I'd hate not to hear it done all nice-like for the album.

from what i know he did release it...

Quote:

Now that's thin ice I think! 'Don't see it happening'!!:confused: :wavey: My point is that new FM Lindsey has fashioned, there is no need (or time) for concerted solo efforts. I'm not discounting Lindsey Going Solo, I'm saying that at this time the best of Lindsey is this amazing setup. The facst that Gift of Screws, Come, god knows what else will be in the record ... there will be no artistic comprimise in the material.
okay sure