The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What would I change in some songs? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=60043)

Villavic 08-25-2023 04:26 PM

What would I change in some songs?

What change would you make in a Fleetwood Mac song?
Just little (or not so little) adjustments that you may wish in some songs. I mean,

For example, I would like to extend Sara enough seconds so that the phrases "All I ever wanted.. was to know..." would be heard louder and complete.

And though Crystal has never been a favorite of mine, I'm uneasy at the thought of confirming that, if it was sung by Christine, I'd like it more.

Macfan4life 08-25-2023 04:41 PM

This is an impossible thread. I would just say I wish we heard Lindsey play out and longer in many songs like Tango In The Night, Only Over You, Isn't It Midnight, Sisters. Its almost a Fleetwood Mac staple that Lindsey plays out. I think Steve pointed out that Lindsey is always the last back up vocalist heard on many songs. I would just like to hear Lindsey get a good closer once.
I would love an extended play out on Oh Daddy. Chris's keyboard is haunting and its over too quick.

BLY 08-25-2023 04:52 PM

Wish You Were Here from Mirage. The alt version gave us a little more but that could have turned into one heck of a jam at the end of the track.

aleuzzi 08-25-2023 05:20 PM

I wish WISYA and WTTRS were entirely different songs.

Seriously, on Tango, I wish the vocal mix for Midnight resembled what the band did for the ensuing live shows. Less processing on Christine’s lead vocal and the presence of Stevie.

I wish Game of Pretend from BuckVie was just Christine and her piano. Drop the creepy, breathy backing vocals.

I wish all three singers were present on Eyes of the World.

…..

I wish a Hammond B3 was used to play the horn riffs on the title track to HEROES.

I wish Come a Little Bit Closer was just Christine and her piano.

I wish the early version of Morning Rain was used on FUTURE GAMES, the one called “Start Again.”

I wish Trinity was included on Bare Trees.

I wish the band recorded I’m on My Way using the arrangement they did for the 1970 tour.

jbrownsjr 08-25-2023 06:11 PM

Extend Crystal's keyboard solo 30 seconds longer...
Extend ISA solo on the White album.
Make an alt version of Feel About You on piano and ac guitar.

David 08-25-2023 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1287360)
I would love an extended play out on Oh Daddy. Chris's keyboard is haunting and its over too quick.

I’d love an extended outro on Christine’s Moog part (actually two Moog lines) on “Crystal” on the white album. Stevie once said that she and the band went to Hawaii in 1975 on vacation and spent hours listening to that little bit.

jbrownsjr 08-25-2023 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 1287364)
I’d love an extended outro on Christine’s Moog part (actually two Moog lines) on “Crystal” on the white album. Stevie once said that she and the band went to Hawaii in 1975 on vacation and spent hours listening to that little bit.

Interesting, AND, I can see why. It's so beautiful and a bit like the sea rolling in and out. However, I did not know Stevie said that. :xoxo:

... to the sea...

HomerMcvie 08-25-2023 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villavic (Post 1287359)
Just little (or not so little) adjustments that you may wish in some songs. I mean,

For example, I would like to extend Sara enough seconds so that the phrases "All I ever wanted.. was to know..." would be heard louder and complete.

And though Crystal has never been a favorite of mine, I'm uneasy at the thought of confirming that, if it was sung by Christine, I'd like it more.

Just curious... are you on a mission, to pass Distension, as the all time record poster here? Because you've been on a tear, the past couple of weeks. Asking for a friend...:woohoo:

Street_Dreamer 08-25-2023 08:43 PM

After the verse where Billy and Christine trade lines in When It Comes To Love, the vocals should have been dropped and the song should have gone out with the instruments with an additional 15-20 seconds added. Then the listener could really focus their ear on John's epic bass line.

BrownEyedGirl26 08-25-2023 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villavic (Post 1287359)

Hi Villavic, Yes, I agree with your preference for "All I ever wanted...was to know..." , from the live video version, to be louder and more complete, comments.:angel:

HomerMcvie 08-25-2023 09:15 PM

I would shoot the Peacekeeper bird, and burn the masters of Silver Girl, before it ever made it to cd manufacturing. Same with the entire OSOTM.

dougl 08-25-2023 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1287362)

I wish the band recorded I’m on My Way using the arrangement they did for the 1970 tour.

Thanks! This is so much fun

dougl 08-25-2023 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David (Post 1287364)

Christine had mesmerizing down

DownOnRodeo 08-26-2023 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1287365)
It's a bit like the sea rolling in and out.

... to the sea...

That's beautiful. :xoxo:

WalkAThinLine. 08-26-2023 08:15 AM

I would ask Buckingham to redo his first two lines for "Sleeping on the Corner" and fix the glitch in the shaker.

The intros for "Red Sun" and "Lay Down For Free" are too similar (and very compressed), so I would tone down the compression and have Buckingham's guitar and John McVie's bass come in immediately with the drums on "Lay Down For Free" before the vocals come in. Maybe add some castanet flourishes a la "Trouble". Buckingham's saccharine wall of backing vocals on "Game of Pretend" would also be removed to make the chorus more subdued.