The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Red Sun (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=57423)

BLY 08-13-2017 05:33 PM

Red Sun
 
Ok.....after a couple of months this is my favorite track of the the BuckMcvie album. My wife and I sing it and say....."What a great Fleetwood Mac song" too bad Stevie isn't on it.

Macfan4life 08-13-2017 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLY (Post 1215283)
Ok.....after a couple of months this is my favorite track of the the BuckMcvie album. My wife and I sing it and say....."What a great Fleetwood Mac song" too bad Stevie isn't on it.

I agree. I can almost hear Stevie singing the chorus with Christine and Lindsey. Its such a typical Mac song.

elle 08-13-2017 06:12 PM

to me Red Sun is like a much superior version of Say You Will, down to the little guitar solo in the middle.

jbrownsjr 08-14-2017 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1215286)
to me Red Sun is like a much superior version of Say You Will, down to the little guitar solo in the middle.

I'll agree with this. I can't stand the tune SYW.. :laugh:

pattyfan 08-14-2017 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1215285)
I agree. I can almost hear Stevie singing the chorus with Christine and Lindsey. Its such a typical Mac song.

My thoughts EXACTLY. I actually think I do hear Stevie on the choruses, that's how Macish it sounds to me. It was the first song that grabbed me on this CD and it's definitely my favorite. :)

Kevin

jbrownsjr 08-14-2017 01:51 PM

The chorus is really tight. I love the blend of their voices.

Buckingham/McVie tunes have always interested me because of this. So tight.

lilyfee 08-19-2017 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pattyfan (Post 1215344)
My thoughts EXACTLY. I actually think I do hear Stevie on the choruses, that's how Macish it sounds to me. It was the first song that grabbed me on this CD and it's definitely my favorite. :)

Kevin

Same here! That's the only disappointment, that Stevie is not actually on it. Like Everywhere.:distress:

aleuzzi 08-19-2017 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr (Post 1215346)
The chorus is really tight. I love the blend of their voices.

Buckingham/McVie tunes have always interested me because of this. So tight.

So true! And yet, as one reviewer noted, it's an interesting contrast between LB's tightness and CM's voice, which is spacious.....

FuzzyPlum 09-20-2017 12:12 PM

I love this song...and always have.
However, I'm finding I'm starting to get irritated by the la, la, la's at the end. When the album first came out I remember another Ledgie (cant remember who) commenting on this and remember not being all that bothered by it. However, several months later I'm loving the song but then hating it just as it gets to the end.

The la, la, la's really remind me of the middle and end of that blasted 'When You Say'.

Christine (PERFECT) McVie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DA1pmeJMuuU


Fleetwood Mac (Danny K)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tb_905e4Gsk

elle 09-20-2017 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1216774)
I love this song...and always have.
However, I'm finding I'm starting to get irritated by the la, la, la's at the end. When the album first came out I remember another Ledgie (cant remember who) commenting on this and remember not being all that bothered by it. However, several months later I'm loving the song but then hating it just as it gets to the end.

me! :wavey: i hated it and while i kinda got over it i still think it takes away a lot from the song.

elle 09-20-2017 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum (Post 1216774)
I love this song...and always have.
However, I'm finding I'm starting to get irritated by the la, la, la's at the end. When the album first came out I remember another Ledgie (cant remember who) commenting on this and remember not being all that bothered by it. However, several months later I'm loving the song but then hating it just as it gets to the end.

me! :wavey: i hated it and while i kinda got over it i still think it takes away a lot from the song. it cheapens it, makes it generic.

bombaysaffires 09-20-2017 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1216785)
me! :wavey: i hated it and while i kinda got over it i still think it takes away a lot from the song.

yes, it does. it's kinda cheesy.

jbrownsjr 09-21-2017 07:30 AM

I do not like the la la la la's. So distracting.

Feather Blade 09-21-2017 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pattyfan (Post 1215344)
My thoughts EXACTLY. I actually think I do hear Stevie on the choruses, that's how Macish it sounds to me. It was the first song that grabbed me on this CD and it's definitely my favorite. :)

Kevin

Agreed! If I didn't know better, I would think I hear her. Perhaps LB did one of his processed vocal tricks to get a track in there that sounded as much like her as possible in order to round out the full Mac resemblance.

aleuzzi 09-21-2017 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elle (Post 1216785)
me! :wavey: i hated it and while i kinda got over it i still think it takes away a lot from the song.

I love it. Those la la las remind me of a Kirwan song.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:07 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved