The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   To anyone going to Mick's meet and greet: (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=54311)

Wdm6789 10-01-2014 12:34 PM

To anyone going to Mick's meet and greet:

Hello fellow ledgies, if anyone is going to Mick's meet and greet, please tell Mick to communicate with the rest of the band how badly all the fans want to see them perform Hold Me. It seems like it's the most wanted/requested song, and all the fans would love it so much. Tell Mick we all want Hold Me, not Over My Head.

Not counting on it being changed, but hey we need to try.

olive 10-01-2014 12:52 PM

while you are at it tell him More Album Cuts a little surprise here and there

bethelblues 10-01-2014 01:10 PM

Like in all situations, blame Lindsey! :nod:

Wdm6789 10-01-2014 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bethelblues (Post 1145887)
Like in all situations, blame Lindsey! :nod:

I thought Hold Me was one of his favorite songs.

KarmaContestant 10-01-2014 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olive (Post 1145881)
while you are at it tell him More Album Cuts a little surprise here and there

:laugh: and ask him about Mirage and Tango remasters. With bonus tracks, and vinyl reissues.

bethelblues 10-01-2014 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarmaContestant (Post 1145913)
:laugh: and ask him about Mirage and Tango remasters. With bonus tracks, and vinyl reissues.

I think you mean the Rumours Ultra Deluxe Exclusive nearly 40th anniversary reissue, right?

Wdm6789 10-01-2014 02:33 PM

Let's not get carried away lol.

Just if anyone is going to meet Mick, please tell him how much we all want
Hold Me in the set.

If they really rehearsed it, they should play it for us. It would be much more exciting than Over My head.

bethelblues 10-01-2014 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wdm6789 (Post 1145916)
Let's not get carried away lol.

Just if anyone is going to meet Mick, please tell him how much we all want
Hold Me in the set.

If they really rehearsed it, they should play it for us. It would be much more exciting than Over My head.

I agree. Changing up the set is always a good thing. I don't want to hear the excuse that they can't do that now....not every song has a pre-programmed backdrop. Many have closeups of band members on the huge video screen behind the stage. We know they rehearsed:

Hold Me

Brown Eyes

Sara

Blue Letter

Stand Back

Wdm6789 10-01-2014 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bethelblues (Post 1145919)
I agree. Changing up the set is always a good thing. I don't want to hear the excuse that they can't do that now....not every song has a pre-programmed backdrop. Many have closeups of band members on the huge video screen behind the stage. We know they rehearsed:

Hold Me

Brown Eyes

Sara

Blue Letter

Stand Back

I'm not a fan of the weird video things. Can we just have the camera panning the band and that's what shows on the big screen behind them?

I would be so happy if they put Hold Me, Sara, Brown Eyes and Blue Letter back in. That would make it a little bit closer to "a fans dream reunion set list." Since apparently that's what they were going for. We literally got The Dance 2.0. I don't dislike Over My Head, it's just Hold Me is better and it was number 4 back in the day. Over My Head was 20. Hold Me is my favorite song and it appears to have a good cult following.

wheart 10-01-2014 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bethelblues (Post 1145919)

Hold Me

Brown Eyes

Sara

Blue Letter

Stand Back

Blue Letter or Monday Morning would be great additions to the set. How many times have we heard Big Love, Second Hand News and Never Going Back Again? The set is good but it could be great if they cut out some of the dead wood. There is an arsenal of songs that never get played.

KarmaContestant 10-01-2014 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bethelblues (Post 1145915)
I think you mean the Rumours Ultra Deluxe Exclusive nearly 40th anniversary reissue, right?

Yes! :laugh:

Macfan4life 10-01-2014 03:32 PM

LOL I don't think at a meet and greet would be the place to complain about the set list. They are prepared to do the songs they practiced for each night. It would be an awkward request and it would never be honored.

Wdm6789 10-01-2014 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfan4life (Post 1145931)
LOL I don't think at a meet and greet would be the place to complain about the set list. They are prepared to do the songs they practiced for each night. It would be an awkward request and it would never be honored.

I know, I know. But we only get this one chance. That leaked set list from 9/8 with 26 songs would have been awesome.

LB Freakazoid 10-01-2014 05:52 PM

I would be curious if Mick, or anyone in the band, has heard about or read Richard Dashut's tumbler blog..... And if they have, what do they think?

Villavic 10-04-2014 10:31 AM

I'm going on saturday and still not decided what to ask him, but the Mirage remaster issue is a must.