The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Is Say You Will Buckingham Nicks 2? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=54177)

BLY 09-07-2014 09:24 PM

Is Say You Will Buckingham Nicks 2?

Is this the only recording we will ever have of the two of them singing together on a album again?

PenguinHead 09-08-2014 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLY (Post 1141896)
Is this the only recording we will ever have of the two of them singing together on a album again?

I sort of view Say You Will as the second Buckingham Nicks album. But they're not singing together any more or less than any other Fleetwood Mac album. Say You Will isn't an album of duets in any sense. There aren't any "I Don't Want to Know" moments.

SteveMacD 09-09-2014 12:29 AM

No. Stevie only got involved when it was decided that Lindsey's solo album was going to become part of a Fleetwood Mac album. The album version of "Steal Your Heart Away", minus Stevie's vocals, had even been released on a Best Buy comp in 1997. So, it's essentially two projects merged into one. Buckingham Nicks was a collaboration.

PenguinHead 09-09-2014 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1141974)
No. Stevie only got involved when it was decided that Lindsey's solo album was going to become part of a Fleetwood Mac album. The album version of "Steal Your Heart Away", minus Stevie's vocals, had even been released on a Best Buy comp in 1997. So, it's essentially two projects merged into one. Buckingham Nicks was a collaboration.

Technically you're right about that! Yet his solo album was rolled into a Fleetwood Mac album sans Christine, and his production style is stamped all over Stevie's songs, so that's why I sort of consider it BuckinghamNickish.

I sometimes separate Lindsey's songs and Stevie songs. If you add their two bonus tracks, each is their own 10 track solo album! In that format I can appreciate the songs more.

mitzo 09-09-2014 03:56 PM

To me SYW ranks as Stevie's best solo album. Lindsey can produce a track of hers like nobody else, and she glows under the light of his vision of her songs. Genius.

PenguinHead 09-09-2014 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitzo (Post 1142019)
To me SYW ranks as Stevie's best solo album. Lindsey can produce a track of hers like nobody else, and she glows under the light of his vision of her songs. Genius.

:lol: Do you have a track list for Stevie's SAY YOU WILL solo album? Say you do!

mitzo 09-09-2014 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PenguinHead (Post 1142025)
:lol: Do you have a track list for Stevie's SAY YOU WILL solo album? Say you do!

I have only ever listened to Stevie's songs on that 9-track album .... are there other songs I have missed?

PenguinHead 09-09-2014 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitzo (Post 1142029)
I have only ever listened to Stevie's songs on that 9-track album .... are there other songs I have missed?

Stevie's Not Make Believe, and Lindsey's Love Minus Zero/No Limits (a Bob Dylan cover). The bonus disc also has live versions of Say You Will and Peacekeeper.

mitzo 09-09-2014 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PenguinHead (Post 1142031)
Stevie's Not Make Believe, and Lindsey's Love Minus Zero/No Limits (a Bob Dylan cover).

I only ever listen to Bleed to Love Her and Steal Your Heart Away from Lindsey on the album. To me it is totally wall to wall Stevie at her best.

WatchChain 09-09-2014 07:23 PM

I've always just thought of it as Stevie Nicks' solo album that was a follow up to "Trouble In Shangri-La".

I'm not sure we'll ever get another true full album DUO collaboration from these two as BUCKINGHAM/NICKS. If these two were forced into the studio to record a DUO album with session musicians and Lindsey producing, I think there would be blood on the walls of the studio before the recording sessions were finished. Honey, there would be broken tambourines, torn up song lyrics, smashed guitars, pieces of hair weaves, trashed ribbons, and a trail of carnage ALL OVER THAT STUDIO !! God Bless !!!

BLY 09-09-2014 08:02 PM

I'm not sure we'll ever get another true full album DUO collaboration from these two as BUCKINGHAM/NICKS. If these two were forced into the studio to record a DUO album with session musicians and Lindsey producing, I think there would be blood on the walls of the studio before the recording sessions were finished. Honey, there would be broken tambourines, torn up song lyrics, smashed guitars, pieces of hair weaves, trashed ribbons, and a trail of carnage ALL OVER THAT STUDIO !! God Bless !!![/QUOTE]

That was my point of the post.

moon 09-09-2014 08:45 PM

Mmmmm...

- It's an album without Christine, with just two songs with her backing vocals. So, maybe...

- But, it's an album where Lindsey was son involved, and even when Stevie was on it, I think yes, it's a Lindsey's project. He included songs that were recorded before, and were then a part of the demo version of his first album after SYW. Murrow, BTLH...

PenguinHead 09-10-2014 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLY (Post 1142044)
I'm not sure we'll ever get another true full album DUO collaboration from these two as BUCKINGHAM/NICKS. If these two were forced into the studio to record a DUO album with session musicians and Lindsey producing, I think there would be blood on the walls of the studio before the recording sessions were finished. Honey, there would be broken tambourines, torn up song lyrics, smashed guitars, pieces of hair weaves, trashed ribbons, and a trail of carnage ALL OVER THAT STUDIO !! God Bless !!!

That was my point of the post.[/QUOTE]

For sure, if they attempted a true duet album, where all the songs featured both of them, there would be casualties, emotionally and physically.:eek: But that would never happen. Even on their Buckingham Nicks album, there aren't any straight away duet songs, just them singing back up on each others' songs. Say Goodbye is rare duet, as is Without You.

SteveMacD 09-10-2014 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PenguinHead (Post 1142128)
Even on their Buckingham Nicks album, there aren't any straight away duet songs, just them singing back up on each others' songs.

"Frozen Love"

PenguinHead 09-11-2014 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveMacD (Post 1142135)
"Frozen Love"

Oh yeah...that one!:lol: