The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   S&L Smoking Frames (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=53751)

welcomechris 05-24-2014 06:40 PM

S&L Smoking Frames

Frames of Stevie and Lindsey smoking in Destiny Rules

Lindsey Gif
 photo lindsey_zps8e21453d.gif

Lindsey 1

Lindsey 2

welcomechris 05-24-2014 06:41 PM

Lindsey 3

Lindsey 4

Lindsey 5

Lindsey 6

welcomechris 05-24-2014 07:06 PM

Stevie
 photo stevie_zpsc9bdeb50.gif

Stevie 1

Stevie 2

Stevie 3

Wdm6789 05-24-2014 07:32 PM

This is awesome. I love it. I wish we had pictures/videos like this from the 70s -80s with them snorting lines and stuff.

I love it. I should have lived back then.

teedeerocks 05-24-2014 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by welcomechris (Post 1131095)
Stevie
 photo stevie_zpsc9bdeb50.gif

Stevie 1

Stevie 2

Stevie 3

Thanks for posting.Lindsey is definitely smoking but it's hard to tell if Stevie is (but my eyesight sucks).Anyway,thanks for taking the time out."I've seen so many things that make me wonder,but sometimes it's hard to tell".

welcomechris 05-25-2014 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedeerocks (Post 1131111)
Thanks for posting.Lindsey is definitely smoking but it's hard to tell if Stevie is (but my eyesight sucks).Anyway,thanks for taking the time out."I've seen so many things that make me wonder,but sometimes it's hard to tell".

Go Walk A Thin Line :] jk

You Can See Smoke Above Stevie after Stevie Picks Something Up

secret love 05-25-2014 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by welcomechris (Post 1131133)
Go Walk A Thin Line :] jk

You Can See Smoke Above Stevie after Stevie Picks Something Up

Stevie Nicks can put whatever substance she likes, into her body. Her body, her choice. :nod:
Edit: Now we know why the Buckingham Nicks' vocals were so awful on Say You Will! The 2015 record needs a tad less tobacco...and dope!

SpyNote 05-25-2014 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secret love (Post 1131134)
Stevie Nicks can put whatever substance she likes, into her body. Her body, her choice. :nod:
Edit: Now we know why the Buckingham Nicks' vocals were so awful on Say You Will! The 2015 record needs a tad less tobacco...and dope!

Stevie usually blames her hoarseness on asthma, but it's definitely the pot.

WildHearted 05-25-2014 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpyNote (Post 1131141)
Stevie usually blames her hoarseness on asthma, but it's definitely the pot.

The cigs and probably didn't help either.

secret love 05-26-2014 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildHearted (Post 1131143)
The cigs and probably didn't help either.

Normal cigarettes long-term would do just as much damage (to her voice) let's be frank. She smoked for a long time and I would not be surprised if she still lights up a few times a week, or more, to this day.

Musicians generally do enjoy a ciggie. Sometimes a joint too. Sometimes worse, as we know, but hey I reckon if they were doing anything worse than pot still...it would definitely show on stage in awful performances and whiny vocals.

Some of it is just age too

teedeerocks 05-26-2014 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secret love (Post 1131213)
Normal cigarettes long-term would do just as much damage (to her voice) let's be frank. She smoked for a long time and I would not be surprised if she still lights up a few times a week, or more, to this day.

Musicians generally do enjoy a ciggie. Sometimes a joint too. Sometimes worse, as we know, but hey I reckon if they were doing anything worse than pot still...it would definitely show on stage in awful performances and whiny vocals.

Some of it is just age too

I agree.I know she said she quit smoking but I don't think she did,or,I should say,she didn't remain a non - smoker.There have been many triggers for her in these past couple of years that could strongly influence her in that department- the death of her mother,death of her godson,and DS smokes (I think he's smoking something in their video).And of course we can't go by what we see her doing when she's out and about-she would never do it in public.I think the coke would f..k up her voice more than the cigs. But she did say in one interview that she hasn't done any HARD drugs since Betty Ford-I guess pot (and other stuff in Stevie's rule book)only qualify as SOFT drugs :laugh:But it's all good...:cool:

PenguinHead 05-26-2014 10:02 PM

There is a quick shot in Destiny Rules where Stevie takes a hit off a bong and blows out a huge plume of smoke! I don't think they are habitual cigarette smokers ( maybe just John), but Lindsey and Stevie are old hippies at heart. It doesn't surprise me that they would be hitting the pipe while recording.

Nickingham 05-27-2014 11:42 PM

Thank you for posting this welcomechris.

This reminds me of a video I saw on the internet a few years ago.I think it was during the making of Tusk and Lindsey was talking about a song while everybody else is sitting on a couch. Then somebody passes Stevie a joint and she takes a hit while listening intently to Lindsey. You can see it very clearly.

I'm trying to find the video but I haven't had much luck. Does anybody else know about it or have it?

Also, I think the band members can toke as much as they want (provided that it doesn't interfere too much with their work/performance). It's gotta be stressful sometimes and probably helps them to relax. lol

Danigirl 05-28-2014 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickingham (Post 1131348)
Thank you for posting this welcomechris.

This reminds me of a video I saw on the internet a few years ago.I think it was during the making of Tusk and Lindsey was talking about a song while everybody else is sitting on a couch. Then somebody passes Stevie a joint and she takes a hit while listening intently to Lindsey. You can see it very clearly.

I'm trying to find the video but I haven't had much luck. Does anybody else know about it or have it?

Also, I think the band members can toke as much as they want (provided that it doesn't interfere too much with their work/performance). It's gotta be stressful sometimes and probably helps them to relax. lol

I have tried to locate that video as well. I know it's an "Angel" outtake. I haven't had much luck though.

Nickingham 05-28-2014 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danigirl (Post 1131349)
I have tried to locate that video as well. I know it's an "Angel" outtake. I haven't had much luck though.

Ah! Thank you for that bit of info. :)
I tried to search again and I came across a thread on here where the video was posted. But it looks like the video was taken down. Bummer. :(

Link to other thread: http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showth...t=45167&page=2