The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Rumours (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Tusk Remastered (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=50937)

soul_drifter333 10-29-2012 04:05 PM

Tusk Remastered

It appears that Tusk will be remastered and released on vinyl. Release date is Nov. 19. A bit pricey but would be a nice collector's item.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008O5POWC?...SIN=B008O5POWC

michelej1 10-29-2012 07:22 PM

Like the remastering. Of course, the original vinyl and its various inserts gave me enough headaches the way it was put together. Wouldn't want to relive that trauma.

Michele

PenguinHead 10-29-2012 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1066495)
Like the remastering. Of course, the original vinyl and its various inserts gave me enough headaches the way it was put together. Wouldn't want to relive that trauma.

Michele

It was quite an experience, wasn't it? Sleeves within sleeves! I remember getting the album when it first came out. The package design was as intriguing and challenging as the content of the music!

vivfox 10-29-2012 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PenguinHead (Post 1066496)
It was quite an experience, wasn't it? Sleeves within sleeves!

I always felt it was designed for a left handed person.

Fannymac 10-31-2012 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivfox (Post 1066497)

Hey! what's THAT supposed to mean?!?;)

But, seriously....the thing that REALLY bugged me about TUSK was the lack of a lyrics sheet!

Also, wasn't TUSK just remastered around five years ago, when they did it, RUMOURS and FLEETWOOD MAC?!?

A MUCH better call would have been MIRAGE and TANGO IN THE NIGHT, for their 30th and 25th anniversaries!!!

aleuzzi 10-31-2012 07:06 PM

I love the packaging for Tusk. Love it. Love it. Especially the weird pic of the band in that room with Stevie floating in the air and Mick doing a handstand.

But then I also love the packaging for Rumours.

Not crazy at all for the Mirage or Tango covers. And Heroes has to be the worst album cover art I've ever seen, besides Millie Jackson on the toilet.

MikeInNV 10-31-2012 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1066558)
Not crazy at all for the Mirage or Tango covers. And Heroes has to be the worst album cover art I've ever seen, besides Millie Jackson on the toilet.

I like the Mirage cover, and I LOVE the Tango cover.

kenzo 10-31-2012 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeInNV (Post 1066563)
... and I LOVE the Tango cover.

Me too. I have a framed 2' x 3' poster version of the Tango cover hanging on the wall right next to me.

michelej1 10-31-2012 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fannymac (Post 1066549)
Also, wasn't TUSK just remastered around five years ago, when they did it, RUMOURS and FLEETWOOD MAC?!?

But not vinyl, I don't think. Michele

michelej1 10-31-2012 08:46 PM

Quote:

And Heroes has to be the worst album cover art I've ever seen, besides Millie Jackson on the toilet.

Oh my goodness. You're making me remember something I had totally forgotten.

Michele

PenguinHead 11-01-2012 09:39 AM

Quote:

I love the packaging for Tusk. Love it. Love it. Especially the weird pic of the band in that room with Stevie floating in the air and Mick doing a handstand.

But then I also love the packaging for Rumours.

:laugh:That reminded me of the cover of the first Mamas & Papas album. They are all gathered in a tub next to a toilet. The record company felt the need to protect the public from this offensive image, so briefly after the album's release, all subsequent covers had the toilet obscured. Thus, the infamous "toilet" album is very rare. Of course, because I'm a huge fan, I was able to obtain one, and it resides in my bathroom!

I would love to see a cover of Stevie, Lindsey, Mick and John in a bathtub. Stevie has noted how much she loves her bathroom.

PenguinHead 11-01-2012 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vivfox (Post 1066497)

I totally understand that! You amaze me with your deep left-field insights.

michelej1 11-01-2012 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PenguinHead (Post 1066592)
I would love to see a cover of Stevie, Lindsey, Mick and John in a bathtub. Stevie has noted how much she loves her bathroom.

On the back of the White Album, aren't they in a restroom?

Lindsey (and I think most musical people) love the bathroom acoustics and have created in there, so a photograph would make sense.

Michele

aleuzzi 11-01-2012 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelej1 (Post 1066616)
On the back of the White Album, aren't they in a restroom?

Lindsey (and I think most musical people) love the bathroom acoustics and have created in there, so a photograph would make sense.

Michele

Yeah, I never understood that back cover image. I like it, but why a bathroom? The front cover of Mick and John is classic...

vivfox 11-01-2012 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aleuzzi (Post 1066626)
Yeah, I never understood that back cover image. I like it, but why a bathroom? The front cover of Mick and John is classic...

We should try to figure out if they were in the ladies or the men's restroom.