The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Lindsey Recycled Song Fragments (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=49281)

AbbiJoy78 12-02-2011 02:14 PM

Lindsey Recycled Song Fragments

Ok, this might very well be in another part of this VAST forum, LOL, but I am hoping to either bring it back or incite some new discussion and get people to put their thinking caps on:)

You all may laugh at this, but I JUST realized that i heard the guitar riff from "Go Your Own Way" in "Frozen Love" from Buckinghams Nicks. Or rather I guess it's more like "FL" is in "GYOW"! LOL.

SO...I want to make a definitive list of all the songs that are related to each other based on a fragment of a song that can be heard in another song. There are a lot, and over the years I forgot some that once seemed obvious to my ever-exploring newbie ears:)

Can someone make a list, and then whatever is missing, we all can add to it? THANKS!!!

Peestie 12-02-2011 02:27 PM

Off the top of my head:

Stephanie -> Eyes of the World -> Bang the Drum (guitar riff)

You Do Or You Don't -> Bleed to Love Her (bridge)

GypsySorcerer 12-02-2011 02:57 PM

Big Love - Miranda

Second Hand News - Right Place to Fade/Twist of Fate

bluefox4000 12-02-2011 03:09 PM

Lots of that on SWS. I hear Red Rover in Stars are Crazy. Bel Air Rain in Rock away Blind. I even faintly hear Book of Love in the Chorus of That's the Way Love goes....that one may be just me;)

Mick

AbbiJoy78 12-02-2011 03:15 PM

Whoa, I need to hear these, I didn't even know about these:
Big Love - Miranda
Second Hand News - Right Place to Fade/Twist of Fate

of course there is also Big Love and Doing What I Can, and that background repetitive thing from Soul Drifter is also in Family Man

AbbiJoy78 12-02-2011 03:24 PM

Also...can someone PLEASE tell me where i have heard that vocal outro from in Bel Air Rain? I likened it to something from the Go Insane album...it sounded like the one instrumental part in "Play in the rain". If i'm totally unfounded with that one, then please tell me why this part is soooo familiar:)

Moz 12-02-2011 10:36 PM

Everybody Finds Out and Big Love (the grunts)

AbbiJoy78 12-03-2011 04:34 PM

Ok now I just heard part of Big Love in the bridge or whatever of "Great Day"....you can literally sing "I WAKE UP....ALOOOONE WITH IT ALLLLL" right over the track and it actually fits.:D

bangdrum 12-03-2011 04:42 PM

Are we counting the ISA/Tango/Murrow guitar solo?

I still say End Of Time is a recycled What's The World Coming To.

Madness Fades 12-03-2011 06:24 PM

Sombodys got to see this through, All the worlds looking at you.......
"You do or you dont + Bleed to Love her.

Nico 12-03-2011 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bangdrum (Post 1030100)

I still say End Of Time is a recycled What's The World Coming To.

I sort of hear that as well. I prefer EOT, though I rather like WTWCT.

AbbiJoy78 12-03-2011 06:47 PM

Of course even Stevie did this on "Say You Will" with that bridge used in two songs on the very same album! Some call that unoriginal, but I actually think it's cool....and in the case with Lindsey's output, for me it's like putting together pieces to a puzzle to catch little things like this.

holidayroad 12-04-2011 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AbbiJoy78 (Post 1029892)
Also...can someone PLEASE tell me where i have heard that vocal outro from in Bel Air Rain? I likened it to something from the Go Insane album...it sounded like the one instrumental part in "Play in the rain". If i'm totally unfounded with that one, then please tell me why this part is soooo familiar:)

It reminds me of Play in the Rain also.

holidayroad 12-04-2011 10:54 AM

I always thought the guitar part that begins 'Lola, My Love' was similar to the guitar part that begins 'Loving Cup', only faster.

bluefox4000 12-04-2011 11:09 AM

Oh and When She Comes Down practically IS Treason:thumbsup:

This is the Time=Come?

Mick