The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   As A Birthday Present- Let's Help Ethan Join Stevie's Band on the IYD Tour!! :) (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=47675)

Musicman408 06-17-2011 08:41 PM

As A Birthday Present- Let's Help Ethan Join Stevie's Band on the IYD Tour!! :)

Hey All,

This has been a long time coming, and in good fun! :) As we know, my longtime dream of dreams has been to play keyboards live with Stevie. My 21st birthday is actually this summer during the tour, so what an amazing present! :laugh:

Seriously though, this has been a huge wishful dream for awhile, and if it ever came true, it would be fantastic. I love all of you all- we really are a great, fantastic group of supportive people So, I thought, let's start a Ledgie campaign to make it happen. :) Don't really know how, but some of our creative minds could maybe help and come up with some awesome plan. Let's see what's out there! :nod:

I guess I will now post my live piano playing resume for those who aren't familiar! :laugh:

Hope everyone enjoys- let's have some fun with this!!!! :):blob2:

Musicman408 06-17-2011 11:37 PM

Oh come on, someone has to humor me tonight!! :laugh:

PastelGravel 06-17-2011 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Musicman408 (Post 994666)
Oh come on, someone has to humor me tonight!! :laugh:

You are a great musician and a great Stevie fan! I wish I knew Ricky Peterson. But something tells me he's not budging, lol.

Musicman408 06-18-2011 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PastelGravel (Post 994669)
You are a great musician and a great Stevie fan! I wish I knew Ricky Peterson. But something tells me he's not budging, lol.

Well she does have multiple piano/keyboard players on tour at the same time, so you never know! :nod:

ButterCookie 06-18-2011 08:50 AM

You are joking around, right?

RickRobert 06-18-2011 08:57 AM

You need to establish your name by touring with a band everyone likes first - like Toto

Macfanforever 06-18-2011 09:06 AM

I wish I even play a chord of sing an note on key.Ethan you are young.know body knows what the future will brings us.Keep on playing.you never know.her people.Dave Stewart.plus Ricky Peterson would be happy to see you playing Stevie songs.Keep on plucking away on those keys Ethan.

Musicman408 06-18-2011 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ButterCookie (Post 994710)
You are joking around, right?

Crazier things have happened:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJsVg...eature=related

ButterCookie 06-18-2011 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Musicman408 (Post 994718)

But... that's a small child on stage from the audience, not trying to be in John Mayer's band. I was at a Clare Maguire show a few months ago and she pulled a girl out of the audience to sing Last Dance with her, that girl didn't want to be in her band?

I want things that can only be expressed in the TMI thread with Debbie Harry but no matter how many times I meet her or whether someone asks her for me, it ain't gonna happen.

RickRobert 06-18-2011 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Musicman408 (Post 994718)

Aw, what a nice guy that John Mayer.

camchristo 06-18-2011 10:31 AM

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Come on Ethan. How many times are you going to mention this? It is never going to happen. Stevie is not going to see your videos or online pleas and she is not goin to call you out of he blue to join her band. You may have talent (I can't tell from listening to you play along with the song), but she is not going to hire some unknown kid. She has an established band and has worked with the same musicians for years. If you want to get in the business, you have to work for it. Play in a band, get your music out there, audition. I'm sure you know this, right? You're a music major, aren't you?

Most people here would love to join Stevie on tour in some capacity and some people might express their far fetched dreams on occasion. But not over and over again as if talking about it incessantly will make it happen.

I don't even know why I wasted my time responding to this. Nothing ever changes.

Musicman408 06-18-2011 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camchristo (Post 994733)

Come on Ethan. How many times are you going to mention this? It is never going to happen. Stevie is not going to see your videos or online pleas and she is not goin to call you out of he blue to join her band. You may have talent (I can't tell from listening to you play along with the song), but she is not going to hire some unknown kid. She has an established band and has worked with the same musicians for years. If you want to get in the business, you have to work for it. Play in a band, get your music out there, audition. I'm sure you know this, right? You're a music major, aren't you?

Most people here would love to join Stevie on tour in some capacity and some people might express their far fetched dreams on occasion. But not over and over again as if talking about it incessantly will make it happen.

I don't even know why I wasted my time responding to this. Nothing ever changes.

Hey now, look- it's been a rough few weeks for me in terms of family stuff, so let me ramble and dream a little bit, please! :) I got to thinking about this because one of Stevie's shows is on my 21st birthday- how awesome of a present would that be to play with her. Of course it's far fetched and whatnot, but let me dream a little! :laugh: Like I said, it's really been a rough few weeks, so the fact that I'm looking forward to something (potentially seeing Stevie on this tour, ON my birthday), is great. But I do know where you're coming from.

Macfanforever 06-18-2011 11:16 AM

I would love to be one her roadies.Hooking up the electronic equipment on stage.Repair equipment when needed .loading the trucks and things.Everybody has dreams.As we know Stevie does not like the Internet or computers so that she wont see these posts about her on here.Hum or does she.Oh Hi Stevie.:wavey:

vivfox 06-18-2011 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfanforever (Post 994744)
I would love to be one her roadies.Hooking up the electronic equipment on stage.Repair equipment when needed .loading the trucks and things.Everybody has dreams.As we know Stevie does not like the Internet or computers so that she wont see these posts about her on here.Hum or does she.Oh Hi Stevie.:wavey:

What would she do if you asked her for a night off so you could attend another rock concert?

daniellaaarisen 06-18-2011 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camchristo (Post 994733)

Agreed 100%.