The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   </3 (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=38942)

fleetwoodtrick 02-03-2009 09:03 PM

</3

Well, I just had my heart broken. I just found out that this guy I've liked for 5+ years is secretly going out with... ONE OF MY BEST FRIENDS.

HOW LONG did she think she could keep that from me? :(

Sorry to share my retarded teenage problems with you guys, but I just need somewhere to vent.

~Rhiya

jannieC 02-03-2009 09:18 PM

That does suck. I have a sense that friendships between teenage girls are not what they used to be. I am 40 and have had the same best friend since I was 13. I would have cut off my arm before I messed around with a boy she liked back in the day. Seems like BF's come and go now and that's sad to me. Anyway, that boy is probably an ass, so find someone else! One who will like you back.

fleetwoodtrick 02-03-2009 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jannieC (Post 796629)
That does suck. I have a sense that friendships between teenage girls are not what they used to be. I am 40 and have had the same best friend since I was 13. I would have cut off my arm before I messed around with a boy she liked back in the day. Seems like BF's come and go now and that's sad to me. Anyway, that boy is probably an ass, so find someone else! One who will like you back.

It's true. I only have one friend I know I can trust 100%. I know that I wouldn't do that to anyone though. This is just murder, I mean really. A month. And no one told me. Well, not too many people knew, but my guyfriend did. And he just told me. There goes my perfect world.

Thanks though, that made me feel better. He is an ass. And he won't stop texting me apologies.

carrie721 02-03-2009 09:50 PM

that sucks. but technically, murder is when somebody dies.

Tango 02-04-2009 12:59 AM

Your guyfriend did you a favor. Sometimes a little distraction will help:

http://www.bassfiles.net/parachute.swf

Maybe you need a bigger distraction, but you have to start somewhere! :)

iamnotafraid 02-04-2009 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fleetwoodtrick (Post 796626)
Well, I just had my heart broken. I just found out that this guy I've liked for 5+ years is secretly going out with... ONE OF MY BEST FRIENDS.

~Rhiya
Just curious, did the guy you liked know you felt that way about him?
I am sorry your heart got broken.

chriskisn 02-04-2009 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carrie721 (Post 796635)
that sucks. but technically, murder is when somebody dies.

Don't put ideas in her head or the ex-friend might....

chriskisn 02-04-2009 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fleetwoodtrick (Post 796626)

Sorry to share my retarded teenage problems with you guys, but I just need somewhere to vent.

~Rhiya
Hang on you've liked him since you were 10???? Sheesh kids start young these days... :shocked:

fleetwoodtrick 02-04-2009 08:51 PM

First off... I though I'd get some things straight with this, so you all don't think I'm THAT much of an inconsiderate loser. LOL, anyways... It's not the fact that they're going out that hurts so much... it's that she didn't tell me. For a month. And that she lied to me. I'd ask her like every day if they were dating. And she'd either completely ignore me, or tell me no. They can't control their like for each other, so I'm not like trying to force them to stop. I'm just really pissed and upset over this all.

Tango ~ Thanks. :) Hehe, that game is addicting!

iamnotafraid ~ Yes, yes he did know. I told him about three months ago, at a dance. :/ He kept shooting me "I'm so sorry" looks in school today.

Chris and carrie721 ~ Hmmmm, that could be arranged... Because "Whole Lotta Trouble" is like my theme song. You don't anger Rhiya! I mean... I would never actually hurt anyone, but... my eyes are kind of scary. They're this really light blue, and it often looks like I'm glaring at you when I'm not. I was staring at the girl today with no expression on my face, but she was totally freaked out. One look, and she went to go grab the hall pass. :D

Chris~ .... :P Okay, so boys didn't really like girls then... but girls like guys. :) Either things are different now, or you're just a guy. :shrug:

~Rhiya ;)

Chrislit18 02-05-2009 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fleetwoodtrick (Post 796818)
First off... I though I'd get some things straight with this, so you all don't think I'm THAT much of an inconsiderate loser. LOL, anyways... It's not the fact that they're going out that hurts so much... it's that she didn't tell me. For a month. And that she lied to me. I'd ask her like every day if they were dating. And she'd either completely ignore me, or tell me no. They can't control their like for each other, so I'm not like trying to force them to stop. I'm just really pissed and upset over this all.

Tango ~ Thanks. :) Hehe, that game is addicting!

iamnotafraid ~ Yes, yes he did know. I told him about three months ago, at a dance. :/ He kept shooting me "I'm so sorry" looks in school today.

Chris and carrie721 ~ Hmmmm, that could be arranged... Because "Whole Lotta Trouble" is like my theme song. You don't anger Rhiya! I mean... I would never actually hurt anyone, but... my eyes are kind of scary. They're this really light blue, and it often looks like I'm glaring at you when I'm not. I was staring at the girl today with no expression on my face, but she was totally freaked out. One look, and she went to go grab the hall pass. :D

Chris~ .... :P Okay, so boys didn't really like girls then... but girls like guys. :) Either things are different now, or you're just a guy. :shrug:

~Rhiya ;)

awh honey, I'm sorry that whole thing happened to you.

I'm 16, [I beleive a year older than you?] and I've had my fair share of fairweather friends. They come and go, and they take your trust for granted. It really does hurt, so I can definetely sympathyze. [That is sooo not spelt right.]

Trust me hon, you're problem is not stupid. Your friend should have been completely upfront and honest with you especially if she knew you liked him.

May I ask how he reacted after you were upfront with him about your feelings?
The last time a guy heard I liked him, he never did anything about it either way. That bugs me more than the fact that he didn't like me.

To be truthful, my best friend is a guy right now. I know guys aren't as catty, and honestly, every girl needs her best guy friend. I know if they have a problem with you, they're so much more upfront, and guys are more honest (as friends) than girls really. Girls lieeee!!

And trust me Rhiya, those death looks are completely helpful. Those will relieve stress, trust me. I liked the same guy for 2 years since the day I met him basically, and he did somewhat flirt with me, and he made really cute comments in my yearbook, implying 'he hopes to see me next year.' well both years he never made the first attempt to talk to me, and this year I found out hes a 'playa' who I 'should never get in a car with.' Since that day, he's been getting some really mean looks from me, so he stays away.
The sad part is, hes the VP of our NHS at school o.o

Anyways, I hope what you can get out of this ridiculously long post, is that teenage girls are evil, and teenage boys need to communicate more if they have any feelings for you [or not] whatsoever.

If you ever do want to talk sometime, please drop me a PM :)

Zombie 02-06-2009 12:25 AM

Girls really are terrible. :laugh:

I lucked out and made some good female friends when I was a teenager and I don't know what I'd do without them. Two of them are there in that pic in my sig - the girl on the end there with the blue lips might as well be my sister, and the green lips girl and I suffered through many a Paula Abdul dance/workout video together in gym class. We were (okay, we still are) much more interested in comic books and horror films and video games than the drah-mah so common amongst high school kids, so there was never any of that weird fighting or backstabbing that chicks do between us.

But even though I chose not to engage in that type of thing, I did observe other more casual female acquaintances harass and torture each other mercilessly under the guise of friendship, and I also had one or two of those casual acquaintances try to do a number on me a few times - it just didn't hurt much because I never expected those girls to treat me well, since I didn't consider them actual friends.

Guys are way easier - they punch each other and get it over with and are fine again the next day. Girls have loooooong memories.

My daughter is turning 7 in a couple of weeks, and I can't say I'm looking forward to seeing what it will be like when that stuff starts kicking in for her.

But you, Rhiya, are a smart cookie, and you are dealing with this just fine. :xoxo:

PS - Agree about having the best guyfriend. I had one of those, too - we called him Angus (yes, because of that movie. He's outgrown the nickname now, though).