The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Great Day Parody (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=37516)

ajmccarrell 09-25-2008 04:00 PM

Great Day Parody

I record a VERY BAD parody of Great Day. I recorded random guitar sounds with random effects placed very late so they are off beat, I did the mic taps, I distorted gibberish sounds as percussion, sang very badly using a LOT of reverb, and put a completely out of place guitar solo at the end. ENJOY! I made sure everything was one take. It took me about an hour.

http://www.sinai48band.com/ledgies.htm

This is a humourous tribute to Lindsey. I adore his work and he's among my all time three top guitar heroes. I really like him, so don't get the wrong impression.

shackin'up 09-25-2008 04:05 PM

Now record "bad taste" and make me really laugh.

ajmccarrell 09-25-2008 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shackin'up (Post 776318)
Now record "bad taste" and make me really laugh.

I could do that. I thought it was fun recording this. :lol: I actually wanted to send you something more serious if you PM me your email. I tried completely improvising something based on a theme and it turned out okay, despite the warts in performance. I thought you might like it.

shackin'up 09-25-2008 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmccarrell (Post 776320)
I could do that. I thought it was fun recording this. :lol: I actually wanted to send you something more serious if you PM me your email. I tried completely improvising something based on a theme and it turned out okay, despite the warts in performance. I thought you might like it.

No AJ. It turned out dumb. I've got a tremendously big and broad sense of humour, but yours isn't fitting in.

ajmccarrell 09-25-2008 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shackin'up (Post 776321)
No AJ. It turned out dumb. I've got a tremendously big and broad sense of humour, but yours isn't fitting in.

I was referring to something else, not this.

shackin'up 09-25-2008 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmccarrell (Post 776322)
I was referring to something else, not this.

This is what's posted. I took the effort of listening through. Don't ask me to sit through another tasteless devastation. You did not put enough effort in it. Shame on you.

vivfox will play it loud through the carspeakers though. You'll have an audience at last.

ajmccarrell 09-25-2008 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shackin'up (Post 776323)
This is what's posted. I took the effort of listening through. Don't ask me to sit through another tasteless devastation. You did not put enough effort in it. Shame on you.

The other thing was supposed to be a serious piece that had nothing to do with LB. I doubt you've ever heard anything I've done myself. Anyway, if you don't want to hear it fine, but I was taking your advice in recording this other new thing in not aiming for perfection, I thought that might make you happy. :blob2:

shackin'up 09-25-2008 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmccarrell (Post 776325)
The other thing was supposed to be a serious piece that had nothing to do with LB. I doubt you've ever heard anything I've done myself. Anyway, if you don't want to hear it fine, but I was taking your advice in recording this other new thing in not aiming for perfection, I thought that might make you happy. :blob2:

I guess you don't see it, wallhead. You are a happy man that I never heard your serious recordings. I might comment.

By the way. Anything in this world can make me happy. Selfacclaimed "not respectful" people are not among it, though. Stop trying. Waste of time.

ajmccarrell 09-25-2008 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shackin'up (Post 776335)
I guess you don't see it, wallhead. You are a happy man that I never heard your serious recordings. I might comment.

By the way. Anything in this world can make me happy. Selfacclaimed "not respectful" people are not among it, though. Stop trying. Waste of time.

I haven't been rude to you here, or even a little bit snippy?! I don't know what your problem is. :shrug:

BTFLCHLD 09-25-2008 04:53 PM

:lol: funniest thread I have read here in quite some time....DON'T STOP!

ajmccarrell 09-25-2008 04:59 PM

You could keep it going for Shackin' Up, I think he's done now. Did you hate the parody? :laugh:

shackin'up 09-25-2008 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmccarrell (Post 776337)
I haven't been rude to you here, or even a little bit snippy?! I don't know what your problem is. :shrug:

No AJ, You can't see your own attitude even if you rode a rodeo on it. It's not about snippyness, it's about online-character.

estranged4life 09-25-2008 05:01 PM

I can attest to...

Quote:

Originally Posted by shackin'up (Post 776335)
Anything in this world can make me happy

that, as can fellow Ledgie Livia as we watched the Dutch Dude rock out in awe on July 1,2003 at the Fleetwood Mac show in OKC.

BTFLCHLD 09-25-2008 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmccarrell (Post 776342)
Did you hate the parody? :laugh:

yes. :blob2:

ajmccarrell 09-25-2008 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shackin'up (Post 776343)
No AJ, You can't see your own attitude even if you rode a rodeo on it. It's not about snippyness, it's about online-character.

That's GREAT! A Down on Rodeo PARODY!!! Thanks Shackin' up!!!! :blob2::blob1::woohoo: