The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   GOS Album Cover -- Who is the photographer? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=36968)

TrueFaith77 08-09-2008 06:32 PM

GOS Album Cover -- Who is the photographer?

Does anyone know who took the album cover photo for Gift of Screws? That information would be very helpful to me, if you could share. Thank you! :thumbsup:

michelej1 08-09-2008 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 (Post 767815)
Does anyone know who took the album cover photo for Gift of Screws? That information would be very helpful to me, if you could share. Thank you! :thumbsup:

I don't know. But my guess would be Lindsey did it himself. Michele

dontlookdown 08-09-2008 08:47 PM

not sure -
but it's a great photo

AlanC 08-09-2008 09:42 PM

I'm gonna guess his wife took the photos.

CADreaming 08-09-2008 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlanC (Post 767826)
I'm gonna guess his wife took the photos.

Yeah, I think so too.

JbbyStew86 08-10-2008 07:21 PM

im saying that he did it himself. look at all his vids: self-produced. this is probably the same deal.

michelej1 08-10-2008 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JbbyStew86 (Post 767923)
im saying that he did it himself. look at all his vids: self-produced. this is probably the same deal.

I think so too, because of the videos. It's really the same type of shot. If we don't see a credit for the photographer, then I will assume it's him. I think if it was Kristen (and definitely if it was anyone else), they would get a credit on the cd.

Michele

henryscutter 08-11-2008 12:01 AM

I wouldnt take credit for that pic :distress:

Nico 08-11-2008 01:26 PM

Hmm...it could have been Kristen. Actually, I've always wondered what happened to the pics she took of him on their first meeting. Weren't they for the original Gift of Screws or am I off? If it was, I'm guessing this album is very special to them. :nod:

LukeA 08-11-2008 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nico (Post 767982)
Hmm...it could have been Kristen. Actually, I've always wondered what happened to the pics she took of him on their first meeting. Weren't they for the original Gift of Screws or am I off? If it was, I'm guessing this album is very special to them. :nod:

Do we know that Kristen was the one actually taking photos at that photo shoot?

michelej1 08-11-2008 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LukeA (Post 768003)

The spare way Lindsey described their meeting, I wasn't sure that she was taking photos, at least not of him. She was there certainly, but I don't know quite what she was doing. Michele

Nico 08-11-2008 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LukeA (Post 768003)

No. I don't know anything, that's why I was wondering...in his Behind the Music he mentions that when she was leaving she had gotten her photographs...and then she came back (insert Lindsey's confident smirk). I honestly know nothing of their dealings, what pictures she took, or even what year it was. I was being inquisitive in an open forum, where many people here know quite more about LB and the details of his life than myself. :)

LukeA 08-11-2008 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nico (Post 768016)
No. I don't know anything, that's why I was wondering...in his Behind the Music he mentions that when she was leaving she had gotten her photographs...and then she came back (insert Lindsey's confident smirk). I honestly know nothing of their dealings, what pictures she took, or even what year it was. I was being inquisitive in an open forum, where many people here know quite more about LB and the details of his life than myself. :)

I'm quite curious myself- which is why I asked as well. The whole "Kristen was a photographer" thing has always seemed kind of dubious to me.

Nico 08-11-2008 04:16 PM

Well, according to this website she is credited as taking this picture: http://www.randomhouse.com/catalog/a...oney_steve.jpg

And I know she took the cover and insert pics from this album:
http://z.about.com/d/top40/1/0/a/k/lindseybass.jpg

So maybe she works periodically. I won't assume anything, but it isn't uncommon for women to basically give up their careers for the sake of their families. Although, I'm not sure how extensive her portfolio was/is, but three kids (and Lindsey- which is like 40 kids) can't be conducive to much of a prolific output. ;) Then again, I'm just talking hot air here...like I said, I really know nothing about it. Just assumptions.

CADreaming 08-11-2008 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LukeA (Post 768024)
I'm quite curious myself- which is why I asked as well. The whole "Kristen was a photographer" thing has always seemed kind of dubious to me.

A dubious dinstinction, in fact. ;)