The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   3:10 to Yuma (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=33900)

Miss Vicky 09-08-2007 02:38 AM

3:10 to Yuma

http://www.angelfire.com/music6/walt.../310toyuma.jpg

Anybody see this one yet? I just got back and, let me just say, I LOVED IT!

Yeah, there's robberies and gunfights and all that, but the focus of this film is on the relationship of mutual respect - and distrust - between the two main characters. One, an outlaw named Ben Wade (Russell Crowe), is on his way to catch the 3:10 to Yuma Prison where the noose awaits him. The other, a struggling rancher, family man, and former Union sharpshooter named Dan Evans (Christian Bale) volunteers - with the promise of $200.00 for his services - to transport the dangerous outlaw to the town of Contention, where they will meet the 3:10 to Yuma. Both actors bring a level of intensity to their characters that is riveting to watch. You just can't take your eyes off of either of them.

GODDESS6 09-08-2007 06:36 AM

glad to hear it's good, i wanna see this~

irishgrl 09-08-2007 07:45 AM

^^^^^^
WHOA~ Jill! your siggy pic is awesome! Is it photoshopped or is that a Stevie room?

look at those lamps! and a PINK guitar! how funny!

(sorry for the threadjack, I couldnt help myself)

GODDESS6 09-08-2007 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irishgrl (Post 719145)
^^^^^^
WHOA~ Jill! your siggy pic is awesome! Is it photoshopped or is that a Stevie room?

look at those lamps! and a PINK guitar! how funny!

(sorry for the threadjack, I couldnt help myself)

i got it from an article pip just posted in the stevie forum~

irishgrl 09-08-2007 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GODDESS6 (Post 719146)
i got it from an article pip just posted in the stevie forum~

*heads to Stevie forum to read article*

David 09-08-2007 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Vicky (Post 719127)

I haven't seen this yet but I think I will at some point. Apart from the Mann westerns with Jimmy Stewart, the Boetticher-Randolph Scott westerns, & some of the Ford pics (especially The Searchers), the 3:10 to Yuma original directed by Delmer Daves is just about my favorite '50s western, so I'd love to see how the tale is treated in the new version. Elmore Leonard wrote the original short story, & his stuff in the '50s was the basis for a bunch of great westerns, like The Tall T (Boetticher), 3:10 to Yuma, Hombre, Valdez Is Coming, The Law at Rendado (which became Border Shootout with Glenn Ford). I have yet to see movies made from Leonard's best western, Gunsights, or his crime novels Split Images or Killshot, for that matter. But maybe one day.

mylittledemon 09-08-2007 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Vicky (Post 719127)
http://www.angelfire.com/music6/walt.../310toyuma.jpg

I REALLY wanna see it. Despite my lackluster appeal for Christian Bale. He's like Tom Cruise to me...he should and could be so much better...but never quite gets over the mountain. Does that make sense?

ANYWAY...my bro saw "Shoot Em Up" and said it was ridiculous, but very entertaining.

mylittledemon 09-11-2007 03:11 PM

Edit...I just saw Shoot Em Up yesterday. It was insane. Totally ridiculous and over the top. But fun to watch while shoving popcorn into your piehole.

skcin 09-13-2007 10:51 PM

Is it referring to Yuma, AZ? Just curious, my brother lives there. :p

And I've heard nothing but great things. I'd like to see this flick.

Miss Vicky 09-13-2007 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skcin (Post 720226)
Is it referring to Yuma, AZ? Just curious, my brother lives there. :p

It refers to Yuma prison, which I assume is/was in Yuma, AZ. But I wasn't exactly paying attention to the location.

I was more transfixed on Russell Crowe. :)

I actually ended up seeing this movie twice, first I saw it last Friday, then I saw it again the very next day. And yeah, loved it just as much the second time around. I'd see it a third time, but I can't convince anybody to go with me. :(

carrie721 09-13-2007 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Vicky (Post 720242)
It refers to Yuma prison, which I assume is/was in Yuma, AZ. But I wasn't exactly paying attention to the location.

it is! i've been there. hotter than hell there ... i can't imagine bunking with, like, 5 other people in those cells.

mylittledemon 09-14-2007 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Vicky (Post 720242)
I actually ended up seeing this movie twice, first I saw it last Friday, then I saw it again the very next day. And yeah, loved it just as much the second time around. I'd see it a third time, but I can't convince anybody to go with me. :(

Hmm...damn! I guess its a must see then!