The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Lindsey Buckingham (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Lindsey's Surprise TV Appearance (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=33895)

jannieC 09-07-2007 09:38 PM

Lindsey's Surprise TV Appearance

I just saw Lindsey on some Fashion Awards show. What a trip- initially it was Carrie Underwood doing her version of Go Your Own Way (I was yawning). Mid-way through, she said, "Ladies and Gentlemen...Mr. Lindsey Buckingham!"

He looked and sounded great- they sounded awesome together actually. He kept looking over at her like she was Steves.

#1LiddyBuckFan 09-07-2007 09:44 PM

Wasn't too big of a surprise performance. ;)

jannieC 09-07-2007 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #1LiddyBuckFan (Post 719004)
Wasn't too big of a surprise performance. ;)

I know- I just realized that- LMAO. Hey, it was to me. :laugh:

#1LiddyBuckFan 09-07-2007 09:45 PM

:lol::lol::lol:

carrie721 09-07-2007 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jannieC (Post 719005)
I know- I just realized that- LMAO. Hey, it was to me. :laugh:

:laugh:

:xoxo::xoxo::xoxo:

amber 09-07-2007 11:45 PM

OMG - Usher and MJB (tastes good when it should) doing "A Man's World"? Ho****!!!!

Nice. Seriously. That turned out well. It was funky and good. And shizz, MJ doing Respect? Nuh.UH!!!! :woohoo: If anyone can do it, it's that girl. Oh, shizz, she blew the roof off that shizz!!!

Nice. I love MJB. For reals.

You know, while everyone was complaining about Linds's standards, I was thinking: "MJB is there (among others) - how bad could it be??? I mean, there is actual talent there!!! :)" :woohoo: Own't even like that Usher boy, but they kicked it out. For reals. :laugh:

amber 09-08-2007 12:44 AM

Yo! "Performing a New Spin on an American Classic! - Carrie Underwood!!!"

It is a fricking American Classic, and there was a new spin - the new spin of someone singing good harmonies.

She sang some **** out of that ****. No irony, sarcasm, or anything else involved. She kicked the **** out of it.

And of course Linds did, duh, but I was never in doubt.

Harmonies? Were great. We knew she could sing buHfore, I don't know why everyone was so nervous. :rolleyes:
I don't know how well her solos were on this one, pretty good - but I think she showed some strong skill in "singing kickass with others".

I didn't know she could play the geetarrr, though - did yah see that? Mainly rhythm, but that is still nice. :) I mean, I can't play guitar :shrug:

Whatever, harmonies were awesome, and you know how important that is, ever, and here. Linds was doob, instrumentals were doob, vocals were doob, innovation was the best it could be expected to beh.

I think this endeavour went as best as it possibly could have gone, which was VERY GOOD.

Naw, they kicked it out - MASSIVELY. Anyone who says otherwise is partially, if not mostleh, wrong.

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

And I stand by my triplicate party hat opinion of that! To the deYAth! :woohoo: Party Hats Foyevah! WoYd!

Peace Out. :angel:

gldstwmn 09-08-2007 12:50 AM

It was fun to see him playing GYOW at a faster pace than he usually does live. He even tried to sing it a bit higher. I was hoping for the more screaming guitar part at the end but they went with the recent FM style live ending. He was good and he seemed to enjoy himself. As an aside, I thought I caught him looking over toward where Stevie stands and then realized she wasn't standing there and that it wouldn't be appropriate to sing those lines to Carrie (too personal). That's just my take on it.

gldstwmn 09-08-2007 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amber (Post 719081)
OMG - Usher and MJB (tastes good when it should) doing "A Man's World"? Ho****!!!!:

He even did the moves. It was very good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amber (Post 719081)
Nice. Seriously. That turned out well. It was funky and good. And shizz, MJ doing Respect? Nuh.UH!!!! :woohoo: If anyone can do it, it's that girl. Oh, shizz, she blew the roof off that shizz!!!

She always does. I don't think I've ever seen a bad performance from her. I'd venture to say that was the performance of the night.

BTFLCHLD 09-08-2007 12:55 AM

yep lindsey rocked as I knew he would. :]

hey gerald...steven tyler and joe perry with fergie! :mad: sellouts!!! :rolleyes:

some parts of the show suckedass.

funniest...tyra telling carrie "you do a pretty ugly face" and avril's white sneakers.

Sarah 09-08-2007 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gldstwmn (Post 719116)
She always does. I don't think I've ever seen a bad performance from her. I'd venture to say that was the performance of the night.

I would agree. Mary J is the real deal, and although I love Lindsey, I was more impressed last night by MJB totally ripping Respect. It seems like every time Mary J is on a show like this, she blows everyone out of the water with her vocal capabilities. She's off the for-real-o-meter, for real.

Again.. it wasn't a bad performance of GYOW, but I didn't think Lindsey's vocals were very strong in this key... the guitar parts sounded crud ALL night long, so you could barely hear his solos (anyone else notice that? the sound techs must have sucked.. from the very beginning of the aerosmith performance, the lead guitar parts were just totally sucked in). And I'll say, I don't know if it was him, Carrie, the backup people, or a combination of any of the above, but every time they got to the "go your own way" i had to kind of cringe a little, because SOMEONE was off key on the last note of that phrase *every time*. It was driving me freakin' crazy. I'm glad Lindsey was there.. I'm glad he came out on stage all cool and special guest like.. and I'm glad the song is getting awesome recognition "these days".. but the performance could have been better. Whether it was lack of practice or lack of interest, I don't know. I'd give it a 7 out of 10. :laugh:

Chrislit18 09-08-2007 08:25 AM

Quote:

funniest...tyra telling carrie "you do a pretty ugly face"
Ok, as much as I like tyra, I must say....
Carrie preforms with a LIVING LEDGEND [well at least to us :lol: ]
and she asks her about her 'pretty ugly face' and if she practices it...:rolleyes:

The Fergie/Aerosmith thing almost made me puke a little :D

mylittledemon 09-08-2007 08:30 AM

video anyone?

JazmenFlowers 09-08-2007 11:30 AM

^^^
go over to MacMan's thread. it's there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gldstwmn (Post 719115)
As an aside, I thought I caught him looking over toward where Stevie stands and then realized she wasn't standing there and that it wouldn't be appropriate to sing those lines to Carrie (too personal). That's just my take on it.

I saw that too and thought the same thing. I got a little sad...

mylittledemon 09-08-2007 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers (Post 719175)
^^^
go over to MacMan's thread. it's there.

I saw that too and thought the same thing. I got a little sad...

Yikes...186mb? I'll wait for the dumbed down YouTube version!