The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   The Harry Potter Thread: 5th Movie and 7th Book (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=33322)

Musicman408 07-11-2007 01:44 PM

The Harry Potter Thread: 5th Movie and 7th Book

So, who here is a Potter fan? Anyone going to see the movie tonight and whatnot?

Personally, I don't know when I'll see the movie. I am a Potter fan, but not obsessed, like some people that live in my neighborhood. :lol:

I think the books are fantastic. :nod: And Emma Watson isn't too bad on the eyes. :laugh:

#1LiddyBuckFan 07-11-2007 02:20 PM

I'm a HUGE fan. :D I will be seeing the movie tonight and buying the book the day of.

I CAN'T WAIT!!! :blob2: :blob2: :blob2: :blob2:

Phoenix 07-11-2007 02:28 PM

Saw the Movie Last night at midnight!! SSOOOOOOOOO GOOD. :thumbsup:
Finially, fawks the phoeniv makes his triumphant return! (only for like a split sec. but im totally partial to a phoenix :D )
THe scene where Dumbledore summons his phoenix bird and then disapears into fire, soo cool. plus the battle between him and voldermont is freekin AMAZING. but the whole movie was good too.

The new book I cant wait for either, and I will be at barnes and noble at midnight to get that as well!

Gailh 07-11-2007 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #1LiddyBuckFan (Post 704987)
I'm a HUGE fan. :D I will be seeing the movie tonight and buying the book the day of.

I CAN'T WAIT!!! :blob2: :blob2: :blob2: :blob2:

I will be buying the latest book on the day of release and trying to read it as quick as possible before some bugger tells me the ending! I'll have to fit the film in sometime but I don't know when.

I think I may be a bit old to enjoy Harry Potter (I am 48) but what the hell.

Gail

#1LiddyBuckFan 07-11-2007 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gailh (Post 704990)
I will be buying the latest book on the day of release and trying to read it as quick as possible before some bugger tells me the ending!

Yeah, that'll be the trick! I know people who are taking vacation to read it. :nod:

Gailh 07-11-2007 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #1LiddyBuckFan (Post 704994)
Yeah, that'll be the trick! I know people who are taking vacation to read it. :nod:

As luck would have it I'm taking my car in for a service on the day so I'll buy the book at the local supermarket on the way and then start reading it while my car is being done which will be about an hour I think.

I should be able to make significant inroads in that time.

Gail

#1LiddyBuckFan 07-11-2007 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gailh (Post 704995)
As luck would have it I'm taking my car in for a service on the day so I'll buy the book at the local supermarket on the way and then start reading it while my car is being done which will be about an hour I think.

I should be able to make significant inroads in that time.

Gail

I would say so! Should be quite a page turner!! :nod: :D

I am sad it's the last one though...:distress: I almost don't want to finish it.

CreepingDeath 07-11-2007 03:42 PM

I can't wait for The Deathly Hallows, but I'll be skipping the 5th movie. They stray way to much from the books for my liking. Michael Gambon as Dumbledore is a complete joke. He turned one of the best characters in the series into a bumbling fool.

JazmenFlowers 07-11-2007 04:05 PM

I'll be seeing this over the weekend I think. I'm a so-so fan, but I wish I had become fanatical way back with everyone else.

#1LiddyBuckFan 07-11-2007 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CreepingDeath (Post 705003)
I can't wait for The Deathly Hallows, but I'll be skipping the 5th movie. They stray way to much from the books for my liking. Michael Gambon as Dumbledore is a complete joke. He turned one of the best characters in the series into a bumbling fool.

I agree with you about Gambon. It's hard to walk those shoes afer Richard Harris but he just doesn't seem to get the spirit of the character at all IMO.