The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Christine McVie (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   christine on murrow? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=25153)

Aisling 01-26-2006 06:12 PM

christine on murrow?

hi guys,
sorry if this has been discussed before (i'm a little slow on the uptake), but today i was surfing around wikipedia and on the entry for say you will, they credit her for keyboards and additional vocals on murrow turning over in his grave. i always assumed her credit on SYW was for bleed to love her & steal your heart away. maybe i'm just daft, but i can't hear chris or her keyboards on murrow, no matter how hard i listen.

does anyone know if this is true? i've noticed that wikipedia's information isn't always 100% correct.

thanks,
-ailish

DavidMn 01-26-2006 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aisling
hi guys,
sorry if this has been discussed before (i'm a little slow on the uptake), but today i was surfing around wikipedia and on the entry for say you will, they credit her for keyboards and additional vocals on murrow turning over in his grave. i always assumed her credit on SYW was for bleed to love her & steal your heart away. maybe i'm just daft, but i can't hear chris or her keyboards on murrow, no matter how hard i listen.

does anyone know if this is true? i've noticed that wikipedia's information isn't always 100% correct.

thanks,
-ailish

Yes I believe she's on that song as well.

Songbird4 01-26-2006 06:38 PM

As far as I know, Chis is only on SYHA and BTLH. I used to think that she was on Murrow, but then one day I was listening to the DVD-A really loud and realized it is just Lindsey. I can only comment on the vocal portion. Keyboard wise I can't tell.

~Kim

DavidMn 01-26-2006 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Songbird4
As far as I know, Chis is only on SYHA and BTLH. I used to think that she was on Murrow, but then one day I was listening to the DVD-A really loud and realized it is just Lindsey. I can only comment on the vocal portion. Keyboard wise I can't tell.

~Kim

Well, ok. In that case I stand corrected.

macfan 57 01-26-2006 06:57 PM

As far as I know, she's only on "Bleed To Love Her" & "Steal Your Heart Away". But in several of her Dance interviews, she mentioned that she contributed vocals and or keyboards to 5 of Lindsey's Gift Of Screws songs. So who knows which other songs she played on. I've heard that she did backing vocals on "Miranda".

Aisling 01-26-2006 06:58 PM

thanks for the responses everyone! if there's anyone out there who thinks she is on this song, or knows she is, if you could give me some time spots in murrow that i can skip to so i can hear her? i think hearing her contribution to this song would be interesting!

jbrownsjr 01-26-2006 07:25 PM

i heard mick say she was on murrow... and yes i think she's also on miranda as well

Brwn_eyes0511 01-26-2006 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbrownsjr
i heard mick say she was on murrow... and yes i think she's also on miranda as well

She is on both.

Where did you hear Mick say this at, just wondering?

ontheEdgeof17 01-26-2006 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brwn_eyes0511

He came over for dinner one night and we chatted about SYW.

HomerMcvie 01-26-2006 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ontheEdgeof17

Did he steal anything?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Brwn_eyes0511 01-26-2006 08:46 PM

Quote:

Jolly good things to say about Chris I'm sure! Since he talks to her more than any other band member. :thumbsup:

on edit: I just said jolly!

ontheEdgeof17 01-26-2006 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerMcvie
Did he steal anything?

20 bucks for the cab.

jbrownsjr 01-26-2006 10:11 PM

Quote:

he was naked and sticking his ribs out at me

jbrownsjr 01-26-2006 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brwn_eyes0511
She is on both.

my memory is horrible for sources... it was in print... hmmm it was around the time that CM's solo album came out and they asked him about it... in the same interview..

sorry i can't remember.. :(

Aisling 01-30-2006 11:06 PM

my computer is broken so i just had the opportunity to read all these responses. again, thanks for the info (and the laughs) everyone! i'm going to go put murrow & miranda on repeat now to see if i can root out any little bits of christine in them.