The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Cannot Sleep-Remedies? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=22211)

eclipse 09-06-2005 04:19 AM

Cannot Sleep-Remedies?

Alas, I have been awake since 2:59 AM- Cannot sleep.
Nothing serious on my mind-just no sleeping for me. Not sure why, but I have been waking up at the witching hour for about a week- Part of me (the witch part), thinks it has to do with the moon phase (New moon, just going into its first quarter phase...lots of energy, and all that...blah blah.)

However, it is losing it's romantic feel, and I'm tired!!
Who has a good remedy for sleeplessness??

(and please- no counting sheep- chanting-warm milk-herbal tea-meditation-warm bath- whisky and/or tequila suggestions)

Tried em' all- no luck
Oh yeah---Just ignore my sig-I wish it for me too, but it's not happening

Mari 09-06-2005 04:29 AM

Just do something while you're awake anyway, like reading or some simple chores. Some physical exercise is quite good, actually.
As long as you're not watching tv or sitting at the computer, that's definitely not good.
You could also try melatonine pills, that's the stuff they use to get over jetlags.

Moony 09-06-2005 04:29 AM

Run around naked in your backyard while slapping yourself with a dead fish and singing "I feel pretty." Always works for me.

Mari 09-06-2005 04:46 AM

But what if she doesn't have a backyard? Or a dead fish at hand? (I have neither, but I don't have a sleeping problem)
Would a frozen steak, in your living room, do as well?

Moony 09-06-2005 04:48 AM

I suppose it will have to suffice. But to compensate for the lack of yard and fish, she must also do the cha-cha for 15 minutes straight.

eclipse 09-06-2005 05:40 AM

Rock a bye baby...

You are all so helpful :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
But I am being serious--

Would have to be a few more weeks before I took Lux's advise...
And Moony , although I do in fact have a back yard and probably some frozen fish in the freezer....somehow...I just don't think it's gonna work for me.
And Mari, tried the pills years ago did nothing.

And I forgot to rule out Valerian Root Pills or tea- Lavender on my pillow-
and thinking positive f*ck*ng thoughts... :mad:

Tried em'- Don't work
Keep the suggestions coming, I'll check back...
Now I have to go to school/work

Mari 09-06-2005 05:47 AM

If you tried everything, how about having a doctor look at it?
Or is that going to get a madface for a reply too? My first reply was serious, actually.
I've had sleeping problems too in the past, was very glad that certain meds I'm on now have sleepiness as a side-effect.
I understand you're getting frustrated and probably tried everything, I just wonder if you're going to get a new advice here then. Time for an expert, perhaps.

Livia 09-06-2005 12:07 PM

I try to count, in chronological order, every Stevie and FM concert I've been to. :rolleyes:

DavidMn 09-06-2005 12:08 PM

I need a new bed. I've been having trouble opn mine for a couple weeks now. Good thing Original matress factory is having a sale soon!! :)

wondergirl9847 09-06-2005 12:27 PM

Listen to music

If I cannot relax and go to sleep, I turn on a CD or my local soft jazz station. I am one of the most unrelaxed people in the world, but listening to music helps me every time.

Good luck!

DavidMn 09-06-2005 12:28 PM

I like to listen to my Sundays cd's or Enya when I'm real tired and ready to sleep. :nod:

SuzeQuze 09-06-2005 01:11 PM

A doctor once told me to try Benedryl if I cannot sleep. I don't have that severe of insomnia so I haven't taken it because it has all kinds of stuff in it that isn't for sleeping so it seemed like a strange suggestion. However, if I were desperate I would probably try it.

DrummerDeanna 09-06-2005 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuzeQuze
A doctor once told me to try Benedryl if I cannot sleep. I don't have that severe of insomnia so I haven't taken it because it has all kinds of stuff in it that isn't for sleeping so it seemed like a strange suggestion. However, if I were desperate I would probably try it.

Benadryl knocks me out like nothing else :nod:

If I'm having a really hard time sleeping I take that or Tylenol PM....but that's only if I really really can't sleep...

Which is rare...I've been blessed with no/very few sleeping issues.

GateandGarden 09-06-2005 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wondergirl9847
If I cannot relax and go to sleep, I turn on a CD or my local soft jazz station. I am one of the most unrelaxed people in the world, but listening to music helps me every time.

Good luck!

That usually helps me, too. Something like Norah Jones or Christine is always good for that. And I have CDs with heart sounds on them too, for that purpose. And stethoscopes, too, but that's mostly a "Hillary thing."

ontheEdgeof17 09-06-2005 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GateandGarden
That usually helps me, too. Something like Norah Jones or Christine is always good for that

Yes. Christine always puts me to sleep. ;)