The Ledge

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php)
-   Stevie Nicks (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Anyone met Stevie? (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=20527)

diamondsnake 07-03-2005 04:42 PM

Anyone met Stevie?

I was just over at the Buckinghamnicks.net Stevie board and some girl over there got to meet Stevie back stage!!!! How do these people get so lucky? Has anyone here ever met Stevie? It would be my dream to be able to just talk to her for a minute and get my picture taken with her. Is there anyway to do this without getting arrested? I know some people have staked out the hotels, but has anyone ever succeeded with their plans to meet Stevie?

STEVEHEDRICK 07-03-2005 05:57 PM

I did in omaha on the fm tour my friend works in radio! got pictures with the whole band!

equeen102289 07-03-2005 06:04 PM

Quote:

I did in omaha on the fm tour my friend works in radio! got pictures with the whole band!
Care to share more of the story or post pics?

diamondsnake 07-03-2005 06:05 PM

Seriously! We need details, details!!!!!

SapphireSister 07-03-2005 11:13 PM

I actually met Stevie on the second leg of the SYW tour in Anaheim, CA. I knew someone who knew her manager so I scored a meet and greet pass. I wrote this right after it happened so I’m going to cut and past from my journal :)

So the concert ended and a group of us are ushered back stage into the hallway of The Pond. We are in the corridor lined up and I am the first person in a line of about 30 people. After what seemed like forever this little man comes out and says “Ok folks the band will be out here in a few minutes. No autographs tonight. And Stevie says she’s sorry if she won’t be able to do a lot of talking tonight. She needs to rest her voice because they are recording the show for a radio broadcast tomorrow night. You will go in groups of 4, get your picture taken then exit” I was shaking and my heart was felt like it was going to burst out of my chest. I thought I heard the people behind me saying something about standing next to Stevie for the picture and I immediately turned around and snapped, “I AM STANDING NEXT TO STEVIE!” I honestly don’t know where that came from. I’m not usually pushy like that but nothing was going to prevent me from being next to her. They proceeded to tell me they were there to see Lindsey anyway so I had nothing to worry about. Oooops!
So all the sudden from behind the curtain I see John’s head pop out. The next thing I know Stevie comes out and makes direct eye contact with me. She doesn’t even look at anyone else. She comes directly towards me with her arms out. I swear she knew I was there for her! She looked drop dead gorgeous in her infamous SYW get up (even though I bitched about that dress the whole time). She was so incredibly grateful. She appreciates us soooo much you guys. You can see it in her eyes, they are so kind and loving and gentle. Her demeanor was gracious and calm. I also got a very motherly feeling from her which I did not expect. Words cannot express how I felt. She seemed so serene – so at peace. I was so happy for her. I could just see the love in her eyes and how deeply and passionately she feels. Definitely not your average everyday person. Her aura was astounding. Her energy all encompassing. It was so powerful words cannot describe it. She is a kindred soul. I will never forget the look in her eyes - like she knew exactly what I was feeling. Nothing needed to be said. She understood by looking into my eyes as if she could see my soul. She just knew. No Spoken Word! She smelled like lavender. We then posed for the picture. Her arms were around me from the back. OMG. I could I have died! Stevie Nicks was holding me in her arms! After the picture was taken we were suppose to leave immediately but I didn’t care what that man said about not talking to her. I knew this was a once in a lifetime opportunity and I wasn’t going to let it slip away. I said something very personal that I knew she would understand. She made light of the situation and we both giggled. Everyone else had already walked away and security said to me, “Please exit now ma’am”. We looked at each other one last time and I headed back down the hall towards the exit. There was a security guard standing there and I screamed at the top of my lungs “I just met Stevie Nicks!!!” as I ran down the hall and then I jumped into his arms. OMG he must have thought I was crazy. I’m sure she heard too because it was not that far away and I was very loud.
I walked out the door with the lingering smell of lavander. I will cherish that moment forever…

catinthedark 07-03-2005 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SapphireSister
I actually met Stevie on the second leg of the SYW tour in Anaheim, CA. I knew someone who knew her manager so I scored a meet and greet pass. I wrote this right after it happened so I’m going to cut and past from my journal :)

So the concert ended and a group of us are ushered back stage into the hallway of The Pond. We are in the corridor lined up and I am the first person in a line of about 30 people. After what seemed like forever this little man comes out and says “Ok folks the band will be out here in a few minutes. No autographs tonight. And Stevie says she’s sorry if she won’t be able to do a lot of talking tonight. She needs to rest her voice because they are recording the show for a radio broadcast tomorrow night. You will go in groups of 4, get your picture taken then exit” I was shaking and my heart was felt like it was going to burst out of my chest. I thought I heard the people behind me saying something about standing next to Stevie for the picture and I immediately turned around and snapped, “I AM STANDING NEXT TO STEVIE!” I honestly don’t know where that came from. I’m not usually pushy like that but nothing was going to prevent me from being next to her. They proceeded to tell me they were there to see Lindsey anyway so I had nothing to worry about. Oooops!
So all the sudden from behind the curtain I see John’s head pop out. The next thing I know Stevie comes out and makes direct eye contact with me. She doesn’t even look at anyone else. She comes directly towards me with her arms out. I swear she knew I was there for her! She looked drop dead gorgeous in her infamous SYW get up (even though I bitched about that dress the whole time). She was so incredibly grateful. She appreciates us soooo much you guys. You can see it in her eyes, they are so kind and loving and gentle. Her demeanor was gracious and calm. I also got a very motherly feeling from her which I did not expect. Words cannot express how I felt. She seemed so serene – so at peace. I was so happy for her. I could just see the love in her eyes and how deeply and passionately she feels. Definitely not your average everyday person. Her aura was astounding. Her energy all encompassing. It was so powerful words cannot describe it. She is a kindred soul. I will never forget the look in her eyes - like she knew exactly what I was feeling. Nothing needed to be said. She understood by looking into my eyes as if she could see my soul. She just knew. No Spoken Word! She smelled like lavender. We then posed for the picture. Her arms were around me from the back. OMG. I could I have died! Stevie Nicks was holding me in her arms! After the picture was taken we were suppose to leave immediately but I didn’t care what that man said about not talking to her. I knew this was a once in a lifetime opportunity and I wasn’t going to let it slip away. I said something very personal that I knew she would understand. She made light of the situation and we both giggled. Everyone else had already walked away and security said to me, “Please exit now ma’am”. We looked at each other one last time and I headed back down the hall towards the exit. There was a security guard standing there and I screamed at the top of my lungs “I just met Stevie Nicks!!!” as I ran down the hall and then I jumped into his arms. OMG he must have thought I was crazy. I’m sure she heard too because it was not that far away and I was very loud.
I walked out the door with the lingering smell of lavander. I will cherish that moment forever…

:o :o :eek: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That just about sums up my reaction to your post! What an awesome experience!! I'm just the teensiest bit envious of anyone who's met her. But my now-18-year quest continues... :nod: I've shaken her hand a few times, and on one of the occasions, she came pointedly to me and only me, and "I felt that there was a connection...." :laugh: (Okay, maybe I'm a little serious). You can bet if I ever have the opportunity, if I don't get stunned into tongue-twisted silence, I'll be telling everyone and his brother about it!!!

StevieNicksEO17 07-03-2005 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diamondsnake
I was just over at the Buckinghamnicks.net Stevie board and some girl over there got to meet Stevie back stage!!!! How do these people get so lucky? Has anyone here ever met Stevie? It would be my dream to be able to just talk to her for a minute and get my picture taken with her. Is there anyway to do this without getting arrested? I know some people have staked out the hotels, but has anyone ever succeeded with their plans to meet Stevie?

Ashley? Yeah, she's met her a few times... I'm surprised you haven't heard about her! :)

EnchantedSLN 07-03-2005 11:30 PM

Quote:

There was a security guard standing there and I screamed at the top of my lungs “I just met Stevie Nicks!!!” as I ran down the hall and then I jumped into his arms. OMG he must have thought I was crazy.

:lol:

I remember when you posted that you had met Stevie, but it was great to read the whole story. Thanks! :thumbsup:

diamondsnake 07-03-2005 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StevieNicksEO17
Ashley? Yeah, she's met her a few times... I'm surprised you haven't heard about her! :)

I just went over there and Ashely claims to be her "close personal friend"... what's the story?

StevieNicksEO17 07-03-2005 11:40 PM

Quote:

I just went over there and Ashely claims to be her "close personal friend"... what's the story?

Okay, anyone can chime in anytime to correct me... but something is wrong with her arms so she does everything with her feet, and she drew a picture of Stevie with her feet (It's actually a really good picture!!), and some how Stevie found out and she got to meet her backstage, and everytime Ashley goes to a show she gets to meet Stevie backstage.

diamondsnake 07-03-2005 11:41 PM

Quote:

You jumped into the security guard's arms? LOL

I so wish I could meet her! When I got to shake her hand it was the best moment of my life. I told her that I loved her, I loved her, I loved her! and then she laughed and said "I know, I know!" So, in a way, I kind of met her during the Edge walk. :) But it is not the same as actually meeting her, meeting her.

After the show in Vegas a guy overheard me telling someone that I touched Stevie and then they came up to me and wanted to touch me to "receive her magical powers". LOL

StevieNicksEO17 07-03-2005 11:43 PM

Quote:

After the show in Vegas a guy overheard me telling someone that I touched Stevie and then they came up to me and wanted to touch me to "receive her magical powers". LOL

I was telling my uncle when I got to touch her hand and he grabbed my hand and started rubbing it on his face as a joke! It was pretty funny!

catinthedark 07-03-2005 11:44 PM

Quote:

Okay, anyone can chime in anytime to correct me... but something is wrong with her arms so she does everything with her feet, and she drew a picture of Stevie with her feet (It's actually a really good picture!!), and some how Stevie found out and she got to meet her backstage, and everytime Ashley goes to a show she gets to meet Stevie backstage.

Yep - that's about it.

diamondsnake 07-03-2005 11:46 PM

Quote:

Is it wrong of me to be a little jealous of her?

StevieNicksEO17 07-03-2005 11:47 PM

Quote:

Is it wrong of me to be a little jealous of her?

Who isn't jealous of Ashley? Seriously.